Program does not start after installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Program does not start after installation

I installed the newest version but nothing happens after this, it just does not start, no error code etc. (an older version working here 2 or 3 years ago without any problems if I remember correctly)

Windows XP (in German) with SP3 here, NET. Framework 4 and some older versions, too, cpu and graphic card some years old but can this prevent the program from being started ?

Thanks for any hints

Hi merula
    Are your drivers current for your graphics card?
    Please give this thread a read through it may help
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for your answer, I will read it, just checked the crash log of Inspector IIXII, does this give any hints, maybe ? (only the first lines) >

DVDFab.exe 8.1.3.8 caused exception C0000005 at address 00000000 (Base: 400000), Registers: EAX=00000001 EBX=00000000 ECX=7C802600 EDX=7C91E514 ESI=01E111A0 etc...

Comment

Originally posted by merula View Post
        Thanks for your answer, I will read it, just checked the crash log of Inspector IIXII, does this give any hints, maybe ? (only the first lines) >

DVDFab.exe 8.1.3.8 caused exception C0000005 at address 00000000 (Base: 400000), Registers: EAX=00000001 EBX=00000000 ECX=7C802600 EDX=7C91E514 ESI=01E111A0 etc...
        Edit: i looked into this registry thing but how can I get a log or error report if the program never starts...

I have the newest drviers for my graphic card (Nvidia from 2009, no newer ones existing) so no chance to solve the problem by this so I think that I just cannot use DVDFab, not very comfortable at all

Comment

Hi merula
          I have seen a few members that have tried using the latest versions running XP and were unable to get it working.
          Did you install Fab as administrator?
          I'm not sure if XP even has UAC "user account control".

Instead of clicking run I click save, after download is complete click open the folder and right click and install the program as administrator.

Hope this helps
          CBR929

EDIT:
          Try uninstalling Fab and use a registry cleaner like CCleaner found here .
          You can uninstall Fab using its own uninstaller or the one in CCleaner under tools.

You may want to run the registry cleaner more than once to make sure that everything was removed, then follow my instructions about installing Fab.
          Last edited by CBR929; 01-13-2012, 12:54 AM. Reason: EDIT
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

@CBR929

Thanks for your help but..

I had tried to install it several times (always used the uninstaller and a good registry cleaner, of course) but always the same, debug event immediately after installation (but it said it was complete and I had an icon on the desktop etc.) and always when trying to start the program, too, never saw the program open so far

I installed it as admin some minutes ago, too but no difference, too bad but I really think that it will just not work here (for unknown reasons)

Comment

Working...
            X