This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to dvd back up.

I would like to know will the DVDFab software allow me to Back up my Anime collection? I would like to put the many boxset's i own onto my hard drive with the best dvd quality as well as subtitles.
    I understand that i would be backing up the dvd's i own only. I only wanted to put these onto my hard drive. Will dvdFab allow me to do this?
    also what are the best settings for the highest quality, what would the space of a backed up system take as well? I have over 70 box sets that i would like to back up to hard drive.

thanks

new to this!

With DVDFab what is the diff from the free verison and none free?

Comment

The free version does full movie only non-compressed to your hard drive.

The paid version does it all.

Comment

Yes Fab will allow you to do this but the figures may frighten you.

The best quality would be "Full Disk" either to ISO or DVD and set at DVD9.

Say average 5 disks per box set at an average of 7G per disk and 20 minutes per rip

Space required: 70 x 5 x 7 = 2450 Gb
        Time required: 70 x 5 x 20/60 = 81.6 hours continuous ripping.

There are other ways to do this with a resultant space saving but it depends on what device you wish to play the files on.
        Last edited by GregiBoy; 11-29-2009, 09:25 PM.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

not worried about the time it would take.

I would like to rip the dvd's to hard drive to play from there. What other software would i need to be able to play back. What software is needed to start the process?
          Also is that one boxset at full uncompressed is 2 terra bites? or is my math fuzzy.

thanks

newtothis.

Comment

You can use VLC Media player to play back your rips and it's free. There are plenty of links on the forum where to download it or just use Google.

Assuming 5 disks at about 7Gb each, that would be around 35Gb each set or 0.035 Terabyte. The 2450 Gb above would be around 2.5Tb (1Tb = 1000Gb)
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You have to wait 30 to 60 days for updates to new copy protection using the free version

You get the copy protection updates as soon as they available when using the paid version

Comment

went to the trouble of useing the software

ok after a long process of download and trail software only to find out the dvd that was made a copy useing the generic copy mode was unplayable due to codedec problems.

now i've deleted the trail software and till there is some support answers to what happens with this software and its issues.

What i was trying to do was back up my anime collection. Tried one dvd software said it made a copy of the dvd to hard drive in mpeg format. When i tried to play that copy the player said there was a codec error.

Is my thought that i just wasted like an hour and half trying to use this software or am i just missing what type of software is used to play back the files?

Comment

You are missing the correct playback software. Download and use VLC Media Player. It contains all necessary codecs internally and it is FREE.

Comment

On another note, you haven't wasted an hour and a half.

Regard that as an investment in the learning that you will need to do to become conversant with this technology and, although most of us here can point you in the right direction, it has taken us years of experience to gain that knowledge.

Don't expect to be able to pick it up overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
                      Is my thought that i just wasted like an hour and half trying to use this software...
                      Apparently.
                      Originally posted by newtothis View Post
                      or am i just missing what type of software is used to play back the files?
                      Indeed...
                      "It’s a poor carpenter who blames his tools".
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Newtothis,

I have merged these threads so that the information is all in one place.

Please pay some thought before starting a new thread when it is totally unnecessary and also a little politeness and respect would certainly get you more assistance than an ill-educated tirade.

We have all had to start somewhere, and members of this forum are more than willing to help if questions are asked politely and with enough information to diagnose the problem.

Comment

Also since you said you deleted the trial from computer I have to let you know that your 30 day trial timer is still ticking away even though you deleted the program from computer and after the 30 days is up you will need to buy it if you need more than what is offered for the free version

Comment

Working...
                          X