Video card Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU Video card Questions

I want to download and enable the AMD App Accelerator and I just want to make sure I can do it, so I figured I would ask the DVDFab folks. Do I just enable ATI Stream on all in A/V Codec?

Computer specs below
    Windows 7 64bit
    AMD Phenom II x4 955 3.2hgz
    Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P AM3
    Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 512mb GDDR5
    8gb G.Skill DDR3 10666 Dual Channel Ram

Need More info?

Thanks!

Yes that's all thats required.
    However my testing with my ati 5870 and 6970 cards show better performance with out using GPU accelleration, and just Enabling Lightning Recording.

A 2 hour movie in just over an hour with out the AMD APP

Comment

Interesting - what do you do in a situation where some movies require you do to turn off lightning encoding, ie real steel?

Comment

Well I'm lucky enough to also have an Asus GTX560Ti nVidia card with 448 cuda cores so I do most of my ripping on that. 2 hour movies in around 40min with the Cuda decoding/encoding.

If you have to disable Lighning Encoding then your just gonna have a wait a little longer to do it with DXVA or AMD APP or last choice would be software with out Lightning Encoding.

I personally would choose DXVA as I've seen little to no gain using the AMD APP

Comment

Yea - i'd love to get a different card - but it's just not in the funds right now, plus this one works fine, thats actually the one I was looking at too, I guess I will just try enabling it and see what happens

Comment

Working...
          X