This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning Question?

I can't seem to get an answer about this on another topic, so I will start a new topic.

Before I found this forum, I had used DVDFab for years, used to decrypt with DVDFab, then shrink the files via DVDShrink, and finally burn the new DVD with Nero.

Now I do the whole operation with DVDFab, and it is great.

Is this the best way, just some here say other burners are better, I think it was ImgBurn?

Also DVDFab must have a burner included, is it your own or do you just use one of the many other burners anyway? IF it is NOT a secret which one you use.

Thank you.................

Hi David,

Sorry. I've been out and about.

The burning engine included with Fab is VSO from VSO Software.

Fab can also be configured to run exactly as it does now (1 step process) using also either ImgBurn or Nero as the burning engine.

Most of us old hands far prefer ImgBurn because of it's reliability, configurability and most of all, it can actually pick up the brand of media and set the burn speed accordingly.

I do very little burning now as I use either Streaming or Hard Disk Media Players that I import from China, but when I do, I will always use ImgBurn.

Regards
    Greg
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      Hi David,

Sorry. I've been out and about.

The burning engine included with Fab is VSO from VSO Software.

Fab can also be configured to run exactly as it does now (1 step process) using also either ImgBurn or Nero as the burning engine.

Most of us old hands far prefer ImgBurn because of it's reliability, configurability and most of all, it can actually pick up the brand of media and set the burn speed accordingly.

I do very little burning now as I use either Streaming or Hard Disk Media Players that I import from China, but when I do, I will always use ImgBurn.

Regards
      Greg
      No need to be sorry, just as your little green light was on I thought you were ignoring me , maybe you just left the computer on.

I want to do this the best way I can, and I thought you meant outside of DVDFab as I used to do with Nero, but I just had a good look at my DVDFab, better late than never and I see under DVD/Blueray Write it has those 3 options, so IF I download this ImgBurn on to my computer, then select that from VSO to ImgBurn, that is what you mean and it should be better, yes?

Comment

FYI
        Regarding the green light.
        This software shows a person online for a full 60 minutes after they have left the building.

The only way to be sure is to check the profile to see the time listed as last active.

I have used Imgburn for thousands of burns without a problem. I can not say the same for the VSO burn engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
          FYI
          Regarding the green light.
          This software shows a person online for a full 60 minutes after they have left the building.
          Well there you go, I learn something new on this site every day.

So can you OR GregiBoy just confirm what I asked before PLEASE, download that ImgBurn and then change those settings?

Comment

If you mean "Download and INSTALL ImgBurn and change the settings."

YES !!!!
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have used the built in VSO burn engine and still like it, I have used Nero and liked it as well but I do not like using it anymore, I tried ImgBurn and liked it and how you can configure the burn speeds with the blank media and DVD drives for how fast you want to burn when you insert certain media in a certain DVD drive. I have not stopped using ImgBurn since then and it has been over a year now

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                If you mean "Download and INSTALL ImgBurn and change the settings."

YES !!!!
                I have downloaded it while I was waiting for confirmation, and installed it on my computer, so now I just have to change those settings in DVDFab, thank you.

Comment

Hey davidh if you are using an upconverting dvd player by any chance you will like using imgbrn. I found that there was a difference on reproduction.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                    I have used the built in VSO burn engine and still like it, I have used Nero and liked it as well but I do not like using it anymore, I tried ImgBurn and liked it and how you can configure the burn speeds with the blank media and DVD drives for how fast you want to burn when you insert certain media in a certain DVD drive. I have not stopped using ImgBurn since then and it has been over a year now
                    Okay I knew this would get more complicated.

Do you make these configurations etc IN ImgBurn, or DVDFab.

Comment

In ImgBurn and if you watch the youtube video posted in this link >>>> http://forum.dvdfab.com/showpost.php?p=55&postcount=2 <<<< you should have no problem setting ImgBurn up to work with DVDfab

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                        Hey davidh if you are using an upconverting dvd player by any chance you will like using imgbrn. I found that there was a difference on reproduction.
                        I might be, haven't a clue what that is?

Comment

Sorry an upconverting dvd player changes your picture from say a 420p to a 1020i picture quality.

Comment

Working...
                          X