Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab: Can I download an old version of DVDFab?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab: Can I download an old version of DVDFab?

I was wondering if I can get an older version (v5 perhaps) of DVDFab somewhere?

I was having difficulty ripping an older DVD (Iron Giant) and finally found that my dad's older version would rip it with no problem. Somehow something was lost in the new build that was covered in the older versions.

I couldn't figure out how to do it with the latest build and I am assuming the next ones will be similar.

Sorry if I am kind of vague, I don't have a lot of tech knowledge in this area.

If this has been asked before, I apologize. A quick link would suffice in that case.

!SteveMcQ
    Last edited by not_steve_mcqueen; 12-03-2009, 04:41 AM. Reason: Incorrect Title format

Did you try with pathplayer disabled? also older versions are not supported anymore so if you revert to an old version you can not get any help for it on the forum

Comment

Just to add to this, I don't suggest anyone d/ling a program from any link posted by a first time poster.

If it's a member thats active in the forum and helpful then it's probably ok but you do so in either case at your own risk.

Comment

Which version of dvd fab 5 were you looking for?

Comment

DVDFab 5250 is still hosted by dvdfab.com but as noted this forum is unable to provide support.
          Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            Did you try with pathplayer disabled? also older versions are not supported anymore so if you revert to an old version you can not get any help for it on the forum
            I have actually tried it with pathplayer enabled and disabled with the same result. I do understand that I won't get any help on the forum with and older version.

All I want it for is to give me another option when I am ripping a DVD. I have found a few older DVDs that 6.2.0.5 couldn't get right. When I tried it with an older version, it worked like a charm. I am not considering reverting permanently to the older version, just to have it installed side by side with 6.2.0.5.

Thanks for the heads up Wild and Blue. I won't be the gullible one that blindly downloads something from the first person to give me a link. I help support people like that at work and I am not amused when they download a virus to our network.

Thanks for all the help. I must say, this is one of the most helpful forums that I have been on.

!SteveMcQ

Comment

Hey not steve mcqueen. I have version 5.2.08 to 5.2.3.2 if you need one. please pm me to set up something.

Comment

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                Hey not steve mcqueen. I have version 5.2.08 to 5.2.3.2 if you need one. please pm me to set up something.
                He's all set, but I'm sure he appreciates the offer.
                Thanks rip
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

No Problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X