Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU CUDA Support?

Hey,
    So I have been reading the forums a bit due to my own problems with encoding/decoding with CUDA hardware and I am curious about something.

I keep seeing a trend of "...disable CUDA and set to Software..." for the majority of the conversion/copy problems.

So is there ANY process that DVDFab is working with CUDA correctly? Or should we just disable this feature until the bugs get worked out?

Unless you have a really high end card I would just disable it and carry on. That's what I've done, my Nvidia card just doesn't have enough horsepower.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

The thing is I have the top of the line single GPU graphics card out right now, Geforce 680 GTX. I also have an i7 3930k OC'd to 4.3ghz with 32GB of RAM. So my computer should be very capable. But yet, it has thrown errors about 50% of the time. So not to sound full of myself but if this computer can't do it than what is lol?

Comment

If you have the Z68 chipset use Intel Quick Sync should be better than CUDA anyway. And if you don't have the chipset turn off CUDA and see if you have better throughput.

Albert Einstein

Comment

It is actually pretty similar throughput but I always wanted to use the CUDA technology for something .

Btw, I don't have the Z68, its an X79 motherboard. ASUS Rampage IV Extreme to be exact.

But my point is, if this computer can't handle it than what is the point of having the option if it doesn't work 50% of the time .

Comment

All I know for sure is there have been issues with CUDA implementation since the beginning. Driver issues abound, it's not all DVDFab's problem for sure.

Albert Einstein

Comment

CUDA usage

I have a very standard Dell Studio desktop with an Nvidia Geoforce GT550 - I use CUDA for decoding and encoding all the time for BD Rips (Copy BD to HD folder first then rip to MP4 or MKV from there) --- I have had no problems at all with errors etc and the end result quality of the rips is very good

Comment

It all depends if you want quality or speed ... CUDA is rubbish ... Making sure your PC is updated with all the latest drivers and codecs then run DVDFAB software only mode and slow encode is the way to go, set it to encode overnight and turn itself off when finished .. When you wake up and check it out , you'll be amazed at the quality ... Gives the best results in my book everytime.

Comment

Working...
                X