opening dvdfab windowed (small)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opening dvdfab windowed (small)

DVDFab used to open windowed (less than full screen)
    I've searched settings and can't find any setting that will accomplish that in the newer versions like the older versions did automatically.
    It always opens windowed full screen.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hi kenjo
    Have you tried resizing the window, closing Fab then restarting Fab to see if it stuck.

I just tried mine and it reopened to what ever size I had adjusted it to.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

open windowed

The older versions did work that way for me.
      I keep the dvd out of the drive so i can drag the window to a smaller size each time i use the program. I process the disc and close the program with a smaller windowed window every time and the next time i open DVDFab it's windowed but takes up the whole screen.

Comment

Originally posted by kenjo View Post
        The older versions did work that way for me.
        I keep the dvd out of the drive so i can drag the window to a smaller size each time i use the program. I process the disc and close the program with a smaller windowed window every time and the next time i open DVDFab it's windowed but takes up the whole screen.
        Right-click on the DVDFab shortcut icon. Click on "Properties". There you will click on a tab titled "Shortcut", click on that. In that window you will find a drop-down menu next to the word "Run:". Make sure that is set for "Normal Window". This will assure that it opens to however it was previously set. The other options are "Maximized", which is how I'm assuming yours is set, or "Minimized".

Comment

DVDFab 8176 opening windowed full screen

Unfortunately it was set to "Normal Window".
          I have a copy of 8083 installed. It works as it should and opens in a window
          the same size i closed the program with. (also set to "Normal Window".

Comment

This is a known bug, but only for "some" users.
            I've been seeing similar posts/issue for a year or more.
            I couldn't figure it out.
            Then it started happening to me and I still can't figure it out.

I know when I first experienced the problem I went ahead and did a clean uninstall of Fab in an attempt to fix it.
            Things got worse and so I did a windoz restore.
            Unfortunately, I had already cloned my system hdd before I caught the bug.
            Usually, I can avoid big problems since a always keep a recently cloned sytem hdd aropund.

Since then, most of the more recent Fab versions load as maximized, despite being selected as normal.
            The only successful methods to address this (at least for me) is to grab the window and manually resize it to a smaller window
            ...or
            minimize, then right click on the Fab icon in the taskbar, select restore.
            Do this twice, then the size normalizes and behaves as long as you do not shutdown the app.
            Once closed, the cycle begins anew.

Definitely some sort of "monkey-in the wrench" for quite a few users, but apparently not anywhere near a majority.
            Honestly, it's a minor irritant, but an irritant nonetheless

@Digidave
            Appreciate the tip. I had already tried this, but sometimes we all overlook the simple fixes
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thank you to everyone that posted a suggestion.
              Mainemans answer may make the problem easier to live with knowing a simple check box won't fix the problem.
              Hopefully one of the future updates will not have the bug.
              Thank You,

Comment

...or
                minimize, then right click on the Fab icon in the taskbar, select restore.
                Do this twice, then the size normalizes and behaves as long as you do not shutdown the app.
                Once closed, the cycle begins anew.
                I can see how this would be quite a pain. If this were happening to me & the above method works, I would then set the program to open "Minimized". At least it would save 1 step in your process. I hope this gets worked out for you guys & that it never happens to me.

Comment

Working...
                X