This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will not Detect Blank Disc, HELP!!

Ok, so i just bought Memorex DVD+R DL discs, and downloaded the updated, latest version of DVD Fab.

When i insert the dvd, it starts to burn, and then when it opens the cd tray to ask for blank media i insert one of these discs. At this point it takes it and spits it back out after a couple minutes asking me for the usable media again, and so on. With the old versions i had no problems with this!

Any suggestions?

Two statements have me confused.
    You state you just purchased some Memorex DL and the state you never had a problem before.

Have you used these Memorex DL before?

What I am trying to determine is if using a brand that is known to give problems is the cause your problem or not.

On other sites in the past there have been many post about problems with Memorex DL that changing to another brand cured the problem.

A little more detailed information might help.

Comment

i have been using memorex DL for a long time, they are my preferred brand. Been using them since i purchased the DVD FAb Software

Comment

If these are the new memorex d/l's 8x then you will probably get errors. I have seen on other sites and speak from experience the memorex no that good. Sometimes cheap is not always better. The older memores d/l's were 2.4x.

Comment

these are the newer ones, cost me $40 for a stack of 50, and they are 8x 8.5GB 240MIN, got 2 stacks of them : ( really hoping this is fixable or workable

Comment

are you using Imgbrn, Nero or VSO to rip your back up?

Comment

using the VSO

Comment

Try using Img brn and setting your burning speed down to say 6x.

Comment

where can i find imgbrn, says i dont have the .exe

Comment

You can get the latest version at..................

ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that everyone should have in their toolkit... and it's free!

It's FREE!!! and it works alot better with Dvd Fab.

Comment

Agreed.
                      First off, I definitely would install Img and give it a shot.

Secondly, I hate to "throw a monkey wrench in the works", but I believe Grunon is correct to question your choice of blank media.
                      Memorex is a poor choice for media and please don't take this personally...I believe we all have used 'em at one time or another.

Memorex uses multiple manufacturers so the consistency and reliability varies widely, from good quality media to crap and chances are it's marginal at best.
                      The stuff you have could be made by CMC, Prodisc, Moser Baer, Ricoh, Ritek, Infodisc or ideally by MCC.

This is why we refer to MID (or media ID) when talking blank media since brand usually doesn't give much useful info.

I'm guessing you're using Ritek D01..."crap" , JMO

Please take a look and see what you're using. There are a number of free utilities you can use, here's one:
                      VSO Inspector

You can also use nero cd-dvd speed (will benchmark and do lots of stuff) but it's no longer offered as freeware as nero charges $24.95 now.
                      There are older freeware versions around the net, just be careful and don't pay for it unless you decide to buy it and then only from nero.

In the future, please stick with Verbatim +R DL only, as this is the only consistently recommended media for DL burns.
                      Ideally you should use MIS (made in Singapore), but MII (made in India) is better than a crap shoot with the others.
                      You will have to look on the spindle wrapper to see the location.

Keep in mind that it is not only the quality of the burn at stake here, but also the longevity of the blank media. You just might find what plays ok now, does not, 6 months down the road.

The Verbatim MIDs are:
                      MKM 001 (2.4-4X)
                      MKM 003 (8-10X)
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Is there a chance you could borrow or buy one Verb. DL disc to try as a quality control in trying to find a cure for your problem?

Comment

Yeah Grunon is right. Memorex are not good for making back up's. I especially noticed this with layer breaks. The transition was still noticeable as compared to the Verbatim D/L made in singapore. I would rather pay a little more for my blank media. Than go cheap and look like I just bought a funky coaster set from Ikea!

Comment

ok thanks for all the info, i will be checking all this out, and ill let you all know, thanks again.

Comment

No Problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X