This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning from folder instead of disc

I'm struggling with an irritating problem - I use a Humax freesat HDR and have recorded some films I want to burn to DVD or Bluray. Some are standard def and some HD. I can copy them to a usb drive as video_ts files (I think this is MPEG2 format). I assumed DVDFab would be able to use these files but there seems to only be an option to use *.ini *.iso *.img or *.nrg file types.
    At this point I've become confused. There seem to be 1000's of different video format types but MPEG2, MPEG4 and _ts file types seem to be the ones used on DVD/BluRay so why can't DVDFab use them - or have I missed something important?
    If it's just a case of format can anyone recommend a file converter that will do the job without loss of HD?
    All help gratefully received.
    Last edited by awroath; 12-05-2009, 03:11 PM. Reason: didn't title correctly

the folder the video_ts files are in all you do is select that as the source if doing mobile to mobile. No need to do file to mobile for them same goes for DVD to DVD use those files as source

Comment

Thanks for response. I tried doing that but had no success. I couldn't work out which part of the forum this sort of query should go to. If you could indicate which section/thread would be appropriate I'll take the problem forward there.
      Many thanks for your help.
      Axx
      Last edited by awroath; 12-07-2009, 07:11 PM.

Comment

FAB needs the files to be in a DVD or Blu-Ray compliant structure to be able to burn disks from the directory structure.

You may need to do some authoring to do this with other software.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

As GregiBoy said, you will need to be in DVD or BR compliant structure.
          I took a look at the Humax freesat HDR...impressive piece of hardware.
          I did a little snooping and from what I gather .ts is not a folder but simply the file extension for a single DVB Transport Streaming file.

It is not an .mpeg file, which is what you'll need to burn to a dvd.
          I'd google for the approprite conversion software or maybe hit a forum for the Humax freesat HDR.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks Gregiboy and Maineman, much appreciated. I've spent some hrs with Freesat forums already but to be honest this whole video format stuff is so confusing it's melting my brains.
            Perhaps you could help with two final questions - what do you mean by DVD or BR "compliant structure"? and since I'm trying to maintain quality, what file type would you recommend conversion to?

Comment

Working...
            X