X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I spend $299….

Please answer the following questions:

1. can I make a hard copy of software (back up) in case my computer crashes?
    2. what if I get a new computer.
    3. I have a mac, but in some software, not all functions work in both mac and PC the same way. If I do the "lifetime" thing can I have mac and PC versions in case some functions don't work on mac and vice versa? Or if I like the way one functions over the other better? Like quicker rip on PC vs mac for example.
    4. Lifetime purchase means lifetime updates for encryptions?
    5. What if DVDfab goes out of business??

Originally posted by mdabacon View Post
    Please answer the following questions:

1. can I make a hard copy of software (back up) in case my computer crashes?
    2. what if I get a new computer.
    3. I have a mac, but in some software, not all functions work in both mac and PC the same way. If I do the "lifetime" thing can I have mac and PC versions in case some functions don't work on mac and vice versa? Or if I like the way one functions over the other better? Like quicker rip on PC vs mac for example.
    4. Lifetime purchase means lifetime updates for encryptions?
    5. What if DVDfab goes out of business??
    1.Yes but why would you want to as it is out of date with the next version release.
    Download the software----install software----- register with your lifetime key you saved on a flash drive.

2. Read reply above.

3. I think no but can not find confirmation.

4. Yes.

5.If the company dies then your lifetime key died with it.

6. All of these questions have been answered dozens of times on the forum.

Comment

This is a bit of thread drift but if your worried about your computer crashing, are you prepared to respond as it could mean reloading all your software from originals as well as the loss of data?

If you're considering spending $299 and worried about a crash, may I suggest the following: Invest in an inexpensive program such as Norton Ghost, buy an external hard drive and make a mirror image of your drive(s). If you've never experienced the misery of trying to rebuild from scratch, it is hell.

Comment

Thanks for answering my questions but really…was #6 necessary? Not everyone has the time or the desire to search through hundreds of threads looking for the right answers. I wanted to get the answers quickly before the coupon code expires. Sorry I was a bother…is that the kind of customer service I can expect?

Comment

Originally posted by mdabacon View Post
          Thanks for answering my questions but really…was #6 necessary? Not everyone has the time or the desire to search through hundreds of threads looking for the right answers. I wanted to get the answers quickly before the coupon code expires. Sorry I was a bother…is that the kind of customer service I can expect?
          If you do not have time do do research you do not have time to be copying movies.

Comment

Working...
          X