Best Format?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Format?

Recently purchased a Samsung 5300 "Smart TV". I also built a computer as a media center pc. Both are going into the motorhome, so that i dont have to worry about which DVDs to take on the road.

I currently use an Xbox to stream my videos at home, however in the WMV format. The Samsung doesn't like the WMV, and frequently causes all sorts of problems. I've been using dvdfab to create the WMV and have the lifetime, so I'd like to stick with it.

Trying to find the best format to create, while maintaining the forced subtitles. I'm trying one of the MKV rips right now, but couldn't see how to embed the forced subtitles (and honestly just don't know how to deal with the external sub).

I'm also getting a new home Smart TV, and will most likely start converting all of my videos to a better format than WMV. Hopefully I can find the best format for both TVs while maintaining the surround sound track, two channel track and forced subtitles.

Any suggestions?

If your TV supports it. MKV is by far the best container.

I always burn in forced subtitles so that I do not have to worry about any player implementation and I use audio passthrough (Audiocopy) for Dolby Digital or DTS.

If you want multiple audio tracks and multiple subtitles, FAb does not support this. I use other software that does.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for the quick response! When I choose MKV I only get a "Extract to IDX/sub file" option. Am I selecting the wrong options?

Thanks!

Comment

Nope. And that's why I use "other" software, but you can mux the extracted subs back into the MKV with MKVToolnix which is a FREE utility.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X