Methods to add photo as thumbnail on video file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Methods to add photo as thumbnail on video file

I am looking to move away from using mp4 files and adding to iTunes in order to modify the thumbnail of the video file. Any suggestions on file type/software or methods to get this done?

Thanks!

Originally posted by whaled09 View Post
    I am looking to move away from using mp4 files and adding to iTunes in order to modify the thumbnail of the video file. Any suggestions on file type/software or methods to get this done?

Thanks!
    I'm not clear on what exactly it is you're trying to do, but here goes. If you have a folder on a HD that includes video files & you want that folder's icon to be the cover art of the DVD package, here's what you do.

Sometimes I'll use this website to find the cover art. It will have the entire cover(front & rear) & you need to crop just the front side. Sometimes I just go to Google Image Search & you can find the cover only.

You can then save that cover art in the folder that contains the video file & rename it "Folder". This will assure that it appears in the folder icon.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Digidave View Post
      I'm not clear on what exactly it is you're trying to do, but here goes. If you have a folder on a HD that includes video files & you want that folder's icon to be the cover art of the DVD package, here's what you do.

Sometimes I'll use this website to find the cover art. It will have the entire cover(front & rear) & you need to crop just the front side. Sometimes I just go to Google Image Search & you can find the cover only.

You can then save that cover art in the folder that contains the video file & rename it "Folder". This will assure that it appears in the folder icon.
      Thanks for your reply. In iTunes, I am able to make the file itself have the image rather than having to have each movie in a separate folder and giving the folder an image. I am at work right now so I am unable to add a screenshot of this but I hope the way i described it this time made sense.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X