No announcement yet.

When is binding nonce written to media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optical Drives When is binding nonce written to media?

There is an old thread about Binding Nonce here but I have the following question.

I copy BluRays generally by creating an ISO file and then use a media player to view. When I need a BluRay backup, I use Nero to burn the ISO to media.

As I understand from the above thread, the Binding Nonce is a value written to a protected area of the disk media. Not all drives support Binding Nonce, many do however.

If I use Nero to burn the ISO to a blu ray will the binding nonce be written at that time? If not, then I should have been using DVDFab to do the burning. This does not impact me right now as I dont have a PS3 (my son took his when he left). All my ISOs play just fine using media players (so far) and my BluRay disks play on all my older type BluRay set tops that dont have cinavia.

Thanks for looking!

Binding Nonce is used when burning BDMV-REC disc for playback on PS3.

Nero is not supported to write Binding Nonce, you should use DVDFab and choose VSO/ImgBurn to write BDMV-REC disc, then you can play the backup disc on PS3 with firmware <= 4.0.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
    X