Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions from new user

Hello,

I'm very new to this and recently purchased DVDFab (complete or what ever it's called so I have all the functionality possible). I'm making back up copies of my blu-ray and DVD collection and moving them to a central server I have in my house. I bought this software instead of the others available as my friend has been using it for years and said it can copy anything!

However I can't copy District 9. I've tried several times once it started then hung but now it won't even start it just sticks on the "opening" screen forever? I've tried it about 8 times now and it just doesn't work. I tried searching the forums and it appears people have done it in te past with older versions of VDFab but has anyone done it with the new 8.1.8.5 sofware? I'm stumped....

Finally I have a pretty decent machine it's a 7.9 on the index score it was only built a couple weeks ago and has nearly the best of everything available on the market. I have 16 GB of RAM, a 4.0 GHZ i7, ATI 7970 GPU (I picked ATI as I wanted 4k output for my Sony 1000ES PJ and Nvida didn't show official support at purchase time where as ATI did). Anyway it's decent PC but despite all that the "preview" window that is supposed to show the movie "chapter" I select before I copy the movie is a slide show and the audio is horrible. It's popping in and out and its to the point of being useless as far as a preview of anything?! Any tips on how I can get this to work better has it always been this way or do I have something set up wrong?

Thanks for any help
    Calvin

Hi Calv1n and welcome to Fab
    To better help you please post your logs the default location is: For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Also, update to the latest version and inspect, clean and polish the original disk before posting logs.

Is it a Blu-Ray or a DVD?

As my good friend Maineman says "The devil is in the detail!".....
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for the posts.

The movie is blu ray - it's mint 100% perfect it plays in any of my several BD players fine. I don't have any logs to post as it doesn't error out It just doesn't do anything it just stays on the "blue bar - Opening" sequence for ever (well after a few hours I cancelled it finally but it doesn't go past the opening part when you put the BD in initially. The one time it did open and start I didn't get a log either as it basically finished 85% or so of the movie and then the bit rate slowed so much it would have taken a week to get the last 15% so I cancelled it and tried it again. Of course since then it won't even "open"

Is there a log file even with out "opening" a file?

Thanks
        Calvin

Comment

Hi Calv1n
          A log is made every time you start Fab, so there has to be a log.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Make sure all your drivers are up to date.

There is no 4Ghz i7, unless you overclocked. Did you build this or someone built it for you?

If you have Virtu loaded make sure DVDFab is in the list of apps.

Comment

Working...
            X