X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab: Selecting source

Hi!

Short version: what do I select in "Browse for Folder" for source?

Details:
    Although opening a source works fine if I insert a DVD, I have a problem manually selecting a source with the button right to the "Source", which opens "Browse for Folder". Whether I select the drive itself or the VIDEO_TS folder, the "Opening" splash screen shows for a few seconds and it says "H:\" in "Source", but it hasn't read the contents.

If I restart DVDFab with the DVD inserted, it shows up as "H:\ [MOVIE]" in "Source" and is read OK.

This happens with any DVD and on two different drives, so it must be a general problem. The reason I need this, is that I just started using DVDFab and want to convert a lot of DVDs I have as virtual drives. But when I "insert" a virtual DVD, it doesn't seem to trigger the same automatic reading into DVDFab. Restarting with no other DVD inserted than the virtual DVD, doesn't work either.

The only solution I have found so far, is to burn a copy from the virtual DVD, and then read that in DVDFab. A lot of work which seems unnecessary...

The button to the right that you describe is to open a DVD Image file directly which can be an ini, img, iso or nrg file. It is not for opening folders.

There is no need to mount your image files, just open them directly.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for trying, but I mean the button left of that one. The one with an icon that looks like a normal open folder icon, not the one that looks like a document with a CD on top of it (which expects an ini, img, iso or nrg file).

I have to mount the image, because it's in a proprietary format for this particular virtual drive program and not directly recognizable by DVDFab.

Comment

well, as your virtual drive is a proprietary format, I would suggest that FAB will only recognise standard drives and this will not be recognised.

Perhaps more details of the virtual drive software may help.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I found a solution. It seems that DVDFab doesn't recognize the virtual drive as a proper disc structure. I mounted the virtual drive, copied the VIDEO_TS folder to the hard drive and opened that VIDEO_TS folder instead of the one on the virtual drive. Voilá!

Still can't see why it doesn't work directly, but this procedure wasn't too bad.

Thanks again for the tips!

Comment

Working...
          X