Backing up Different Regions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backing up Different Regions

I've tried to find this topic covered with no success... so apologies if it has been discussed before....

I'm interested in purchasing a region 4 disc... thinking I can use DVD Fab to back it up to Region 0. I have a Region 1 DVD drive.... I understand that I can change the drive to read Region 4... but my question is, do I have to do that? Can DVD Fab read and decode Region 4 and back it up to Region 0??? Or must I change the drive to Region 4 in order for this to work properly?

Thanks!

No need to change drive region.

Just put the disk in and rip it and Fab removes all region protection.

This is not to say the copy will play in your player as Fab does not convert from PAL to NTSC.

Your player must support/play both standards.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Excellent! Thanks for the response.

According to the seller of the disc, it's a Region 4 NTSC... so my understanding it I can rip it with Fab and the backup should play just fine!

Comment

You should be able to fine but don't forget about "Murphy's Law".

"Something will always go wrong when it shouldn't"
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Of course...

I think it's worth a shot. It's a DVD I have been looking for, for years... the US Region 1 NTSC version is years out of print and if a copy pops up it usually goes for around $200 used... I've found a NEW copy, Region 4 from New Zealand for $40.... it's worth the shot I think.

Thanks so much for the response!

Comment

Yeah, I'd give it a shot too.

Comment

Working...
            X