Need help ripping movies to my NDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help ripping movies to my NDS

I have an NDS DSi XL and I've tried several times to get movies ripped with DVDFab to play on it. I have other movies that play on it just fine... but I am unable to get DVDFab to do it.. I need help on what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using Moonshell 2 to play the movies on the NDS.

When I put my DVD movie in, I select RIPPER and then NDS as the output. I've tried both 1 pass and 2 pass... but the result is always the same... I get a screen of data when I try and run the movie... filled with stuff like movie halted.

I have version 8.1.1.2 of DVDFab...

Please help!

Please post the internal log.

Forget 2-pass.
    I've yet to realize any benefit from it, only a predisposition to failed conversions.
    Even if by some miracle it worked, you'd never see a difference, particularly on the NDS.

I'm not familiar with NDS or Moonshell 2.
    Are you using the default settings for the NDS profile?
    The playback issue sounds like some parameter has been exceeded, but I'm just guessing.

Are you able to playback the files from your hdd with a software player?

You might also try converting this flick with v.8.0.8.5.
    It is the last of the non-Qt versions and is very stable.

Originally posted by maineman View Post
    http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Just look beneath Download Now for the link
    Last edited by maineman; 08-11-2012, 12:31 AM. Reason: Added link, etc.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

maybe I should have mentioned I am using an R4 card and that is where the moonshell 2 is.

anyway... I've downloaded a bunch of .dpg movies and they all work fine... the ones made by DVDFab are the ones that don't play....

how do I post an internal log?

Comment

Originally posted by doogster View Post
        maybe I should have mentioned I am using an R4 card and that is where the moonshell 2 is.

anyway... I've downloaded a bunch of .dpg movies and they all work fine... the ones made by DVDFab are the ones that don't play....

how do I post an internal log?
        Hi doogster The default location is:
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

OK... one other thing... there were no errors during the rip... the errors I'm getting are when I try and play the movies on the NDS....

Comment

Originally posted by doogster View Post
            OK... one other thing... there were no errors during the rip... the errors I'm getting are when I try and play the movies on the NDS....
            Hi doogster
            I'm not sure how your putting the movie on your card.

I have had something similar to this happen before when playing movies through my flash drive plugged into my Blu-Ray player.

I could not copy the output folder to my flash drive, I had to copy the file within the folder for it to work.

CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

I'm just using windows explorer to copy the .dpg file from the computer to a usb flash drive with the microsd card in it.....

what should I do different?

Comment

Hi doogster
                As stated above, are you copying the folder or the file within the folder?

I had to use the file within the folder, and not the folder!!!

If the file method does not work I'm stumped.

CBR929

Comment

just copying the file... not the folder

Comment

Hi doogster

Your going to have to post your Internal log from these attempts, they will be at the end of the log, copy and paste the information in notepad and attach it in your next post.
                    Thanks
                    CBR929

Comment

Working...
                    X