Burning the ISO seems fine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning the ISO seems fine...

DVD Fab (V8.1.8.5) seems to create the ISO of the source DVD just fine, at least the message at the end of creating the ISO, tells me so.

When I use ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP, to burn the ISO to a DVD blank disk, both programs freeze (not responding) at about the 2 minutes remaining in the verification process. My last 5 or so copy processes ended this way.

When the copied DVD is played it freezes at about 7/8's of the way through the movie...rendering another coaster.

Am I doing something wrong?? How do I check...anything, for errors to fix this??

Thanks

Hi sillyboy
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Logs that were requested

Hope I'm doing this right...

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi sillyboy
        You did fine.
        Logs look fine, the last movie you burned from your log was back in June 15th.

Do you have a ImgBurn log to post?

May I also ask why are you creating a ISO first and then burning to disc?

You can burn to disc using Fab along with ImgBurn in one step, or the DVD Fab burn engine, or VSO burn engine.

If you would like to do this you will find instructions in the link in my signature on setting up ImgBurn, remember to set up the AWS in ImgBurn and your write speed to 1/2 the rated speed of your media.

The media I suspect may be the culprit, recommend switching to Verbatim with the AZO dye on the package.

Also your drive has a firmware update you will find it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1...dater.zip.html

NOTE: If you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless, and you take full responsibility for doing so.

CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
          Hi sillyboy
          You did fine.
          Logs look fine, the last movie you burned from your log was back in June 15th.

Do you have a ImgBurn log to post?

May I also ask why are you creating a ISO first and then burning to disc?

You can burn to disc using Fab along with ImgBurn in one step, or the DVD Fab burn engine, or VSO burn engine.

If you would like to do this you will find instructions in the link in my signature on setting up ImgBurn, remember to set up the AWS in ImgBurn and your write speed to 1/2 the rated speed of your media.

The media I suspect may be the culprit, recommend switching to Verbatim with the AZO dye on the package.

Also your drive has a firmware update you will find it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1...dater.zip.html

NOTE: If you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless, and you take full responsibility for doing so.

CBR929
          ===================================
          I updated the firmware. I updated DVDFab to 8.2.0.8.

I don't know where to get the IMGBurn logs.

I make ISO's because, I have always done it this way in case the burn did not take. I will have to change my ways to Source Disk to Blank Disk burn.

Is it possible that ALL the blank DVD's are bad?? No wonder Kodak filed for bankruptcy...

This will take a few days, and I will get some Verbatim blanks.

Should I continue to post here?

Thank You

Comment

Hi sillyboy
            Yes you can still post here

ImgBurn logs are located within ImgBurn, open ImgBurn, click on help, click ImgBurn logs and there they are.

Remember to only get Verbatim discs that have the AZO dye on the package label.

See pics
            CBR929
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X