Using Beta & Registered Copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Beta & Registered Copy

Ever since I registered my copy of DVD Fab I haven't downloaded and used any betas -- I just waited for the official release. However, I want to try out the new beta with "Safe" as I bought it last night after seeing the notification that the new beta would accomodate it.
    Can I use a beta and a registered copy at the same time or do I have to uninstall the registered copy and install the beta? And when there is a new official release will I have to uninstall the beta and install the new official release?

No, it will install over your lastest version installed

Comment

Hi Miami
      You should also save your installers of Fab in case you have problems with a newer version, you can always revert back to a older version or have multiple versions running at the same time.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

There are methods to install various versions of Fab on the one PC but let's not get into that unless it is necessary.

I also find the terminology "BETA Release" incorrect. More correctly, I think it should be called a "Maintenance Release".
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          There are methods to install various versions of Fab on the one PC but let's not get into that unless it is necessary.

I also find the terminology "BETA Release" incorrect. More correctly, I think it should be called a "Maintenance Release".
          That's true, I also did not want to confuse them with that process, I have 22 installed and running

Very true my friend about the releases...
          Last edited by CBR929; 09-05-2012, 08:55 PM.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yeah, I find that people are understandably reluctant to install "BETA" software.

Most of these so-called "BETA" releases are released because of new copy protection schema and are not really "BETA" releases.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X