file compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

file compression

Just tried to backup the Sherlock Holmes Game of Shadows movie for dvd. It is a dual layer disk. I can't burn to dual layer disks and I really don't want to burn 2 disks. Is there some way to take the saved files from my hard drive and compress them enough to fit on a single dvd? I only saved the main movie file that shows a size of 4.17 GB. i know this is smaller then a standard dvd disk but when I did the copy it showed the main movie file to be larger then 4.7 GB. Any ideas?

Hi Dougwh
    Please check you settings in Fab under write, and make sure it is no larger than 4472 if using quality media, and 4300 for all others.

If still having problems post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for your reply. As far as the file size go's, I guess I didn't have a problem after all as it copied fine to a 4.7 gb disk. But, for the future, I still would like to know if there is a way to compress a movie file that is larger then 4.7 gb so it will fit on a standard dvd. Any ideas on that?

Comment

If you have the PAID version, it will compress it, the FREE version will not.

Just set the target size for DVD-5 as CBR929 said above and set DVD-5 as your default target in your settings.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have the paid version. I am talking about a file that even DVD-5 compression won't bring it down far enough to fit on a 4.7 gb disk. Please, just tell me if there is a way to compress, within DVD-Fab or 3rd party software, files that are to large to fit on a 4.7 gb disk.

I appreciate any and all resonses to my questions.

Comment

If you have the settings above correct and it still won't do it, then you need to report it as a bug with all the required details.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi Dougwh
              As my friend said Fab will compress it down to fit on a SL DVD if you have your settings correct, unless your using a version that had problems compressing down to the correct size, and was fixed with an update.

If your having problems post your logs the default location is:
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Ok. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                X