QT Versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QT Versions

This maybe down on the list of fixes, but was curious if they were still looking into being able to install more than just one version of QT and they still work!

Haven't had any luck with more than just one version install at a time! Have to uninstall, clean-up, install version I want to use before it works right!, but one at a time I have no problems!

There are some QT's that are really fast on all features!

You can do that. Here is the way I do it, in the installer when it requests a location to install I add the version to the directory location. It will create a separate folder for it. Uncheck all boxes that create icons, there are three. The program will install, browse to the folder and find DVDFab.exe right click on it and create a shortcut, rename the shortcut to the version number and drag and drop it on the desktop. If you don't uncheck the icon boxes the destop icon will point to the last version installed only.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I always keep the last version until I'm comfortable with the updated version:
      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

DVDFAB QT Versions

I did the same thing, but some will stay for a while and quit wroking, some will ouit wroking right after install, just all kinds of problems! Its only with the QT versions, all non-QT will stay and function properly!

I have versions all the way back to V5 installed and they all work!(non-QT)

I messed with it for about a month and I could only get 3 versions of QT to stay installed and they didn't work properly! That was version 8208QT, 8205QT and 8210QT!

Once I went with just 1 version of QT, everything works okay, with all features! Some of the older QT's are really fast, but have to uninstall, clean-all and install what version I want to use!

I pm CBR929 about it and he said he was having problems with it too! From what I understand it was suppose to be in the fix list and I was just checking to see if it was still being aware of!

Comment

Hi 8855A
          I'm using my friend 90312's suggestion and it seems to be working.
          Please take a peek at this thread on my other findings http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=19104
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

DVDFAB QT Versions

@CBR929

Trying to do that now! When I go into programs in C\:Program files x86 and open the folder I can't find any DVDFAB exe. !

Still trying to figure it out!

Comment

DVDFAB QT Versions

Ran it as 90312 said and went to program files x86! Opened the folder and renamed the App, drag and drop to desktop! All went okay, but when I tryed to run program as Admin. I got this on the screen!

The program can't start because qt4.dll is missing from your computer! Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem!

I don't know anything about stuff like this, but I still have 8210QT installed and working! If I install anymore the old way they quit responding!

Comment

DVDFAB QT Versions

90312 has me up and running! Now to see if other QT's will install and hold!

Big thanks to 90312, have 2 versions installed and wroking! Keeping my fingers crossed to CBR929

Comment

DVDFAB QT Versions

After a few or more hours of installing and uninstalling! I found that 90312 install advice is the best route to go!

I also found out on my PC if whatever version is installed and shows up in the Control Panel under programs always causes all other versions not to funtcion at all, As soon as I deleted that version for Control Panel, all others are working and still working today!

So I installed a version I didn't like and made sure in was in the Control Panel under programs, then I install the QT's that I like useing 90312 way of doing the install, and then uninstalled the version in Control Panel, programs!

I have 5 QT's versions on desktop and all are functioning just fine, even today!, but still waiting to see if anything changes, so far so good!

Comment

DVDFAB QT Versions

Just installed 8214 Beta, 90312 way, after install other versions QT qiut working! Went into Control Panel checked version was 8214 Beta! Went and uninstalled 8214 Beta and installed just any old QT and made sure it showed up in the Control Panel / Programs!

Then reinstalled 8214 Beta, still 90312's way and installed on desktop, then went into C/T Panel/Programs and uninstalled the old QT, after that all versions are still working! I have 6 versions working(8214Beta also)

Its seems if there isn't a QT/V not in C/T Panel/Programs everything is alright and the others run just fine! Have tryed all of them with Blu-rays!

Thought this might help someone!

Comment

8855A, I meant to tell you that you install them to a small USB thumb drive the same way and take Fab with you on the go. If you want to show a pal or something it will run as a trial on another computer. I have a really old 256mb thumb drive I keep 4 or 5 versions installed on it, works a treat!

Albert Einstein

Comment

@90321,

Never thaught about that, thank you very much! That will come in very handy, sometimes running back to the house isn't an option!

Running from a stick, I could also keep my best ones handy when I want to use them! You've saved me alot of time and trouble, who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks!
                        Last edited by 8855A; 10-14-2012, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X