Uninstalling DVD Fab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uninstalling DVD Fab

Until yesterday I had 8085 and 8167 installed - I use 8085 sometimes as it if I did any MP4/PS3 rips, the playback was smooth - I use 8167 for BD copy etc as it seemed very stable. As it seemed that 8213 would be the last of the '8 Series' I downloaded and installed it, in a separate folder to try it alongside the other two versions. 8213 seems to work fine but 8167 has now stopped working and will not open (8085 seems to be okay as well) - I get an error message which says "DVDFab has stopped working, Windows is searching for a solution" Here is the log file;

DVDFab 8.1.6.7 (2012/10/05 22:50:57)

0m 05.26s: GPUAccelerate: 12351
    0m 05.26s: CUDA cap: 1
    0m 05.26s: Support coreavc decode: 0
    0m 05.26s: Graphics info: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti : 4.20 : 2.1
    0m 05.28s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 05.35s: Load config successful.
    0m 05.62s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
    0m 09.83s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
    0m 09.83s: option dvd2dvd 0 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
    0m 09.83s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:

I thought maybe I should uninstall 8167 and then re-install to see if it would work again but in the WIN7 control panel, none of the DVDFAB programs are listed for uninstall - which seems strange -- Is this normal?

1) How do I uninstall 8167 if it won't open?
    2) Any ideas on why it won't open/run since installing 8213?

Thanks

You can uninstall it by going into the control panel and selecting programs/uninstall each version should be listed. Why it won't open is just a guessing game.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

There should also be an uninstall.exe file in the programs folder if it's not in the Windows program list.

Comment

Hi whaleshark
        I and a few other members have been having this same problem.
        I have contacted the developer on this issue, but have had no response yet.

You may try 90312's suggestion here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...172#post123172

Have you tried clicking the start tab, all programs and uninstalling from the Fab uninstaller?

I have found that many of my 18 versions also received this screen "DVDFab has stopped working, Windows is searching for a solution"

What I have found that if I used Fab's uninstaller on the oldest version that I do not need, then all my other versions will now begin to work.

I would usually run CCleaner after a uninstall, using the cleaner, then the registry cleaner, and find that I now have versions that do not work anymore.
        So I do not run CCleaner after using the Fab uninstaller.

What I am trying is 90312's suggestion,and every thing is working, "keeping my fingers crossed". Thanks my friend

Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Last edited by CBR929; 10-06-2012, 06:48 PM.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

DVDFab Uninstall

Thanks for the responses guys - I greatly appreciate it.... So, here's one to think about...... As I mentioned before the DVDFab versions are not listed in the Control Panel so I did as suggested and used the uninstall from the relevant 8167 folder in 'Program Files x86' ------- It went through it's uninstall process etc and when completed, I still had the icon shortcut on my desktop for 8167, so just out of interest, I double clicked on it --- Guess what? It all opened up as per normal! --- So I now have all three versions, 8085, 8167 and 8213 working but don't ask me why or how as I don't have a clue....... Ain't computers wonderful???

Comment

CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
            X