Cuda/hardware question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU Cuda/hardware question

Trying to speed up my current system for converting my library.
    I current have my library of DVD's backed up using ISO's.
    I want to convert my library over to mp4's, so I can use them on my AppleTv, making it easier for the family.

I just purchased, in the mail, a Galaxy GTX 660 Ti GC 3 GB video card to help speed things up.

My question, does DvdFab have the ability to use multiple video card while encoding/converting?
    Example, If I had three of these cards in my system would I see a huge reduction in conversion time?

Thanks in advance for any input or advise you have for me!!

Current converting system:
    SR-2 motherboard with dual L5640's O/C to 3.2Ghz
    12Gb of ram
    Dual 120Gb SSD's in raid 1
    OCZ Revo Drive 3 Series 240GB
    GTX 275

Home server for storage. 12.6Tb of storage.

cpu/gpu cuda/hardware question

DVDFAB is not set-up for SLI, it will use only one card as I understand it! Also you should check and see if FAB has supported 600 seriers cards yet! I think they have reported a change for some cards!

I'm not totally sure about this!

Comment

Originally posted by gkanakis View Post
      Trying to speed up my current system for converting my library.
      I current have my library of DVD's backed up using ISO's.
      I want to convert my library over to mp4's, so I can use them on my AppleTv, making it easier for the family.

I just purchased, in the mail, a Galaxy GTX 660 Ti GC 3 GB video card to help speed things up.

My question, does DvdFab have the ability to use multiple video card while encoding/converting?
      Example, If I had three of these cards in my system would I see a huge reduction in conversion time?

Thanks in advance for any input or advise you have for me!!

Current converting system:
      SR-2 motherboard with dual L5640's O/C to 3.2Ghz
      12Gb of ram
      Dual 120Gb SSD's in raid 1
      OCZ Revo Drive 3 Series 240GB
      GTX 275

Home server for storage. 12.6Tb of storage.
      @gkanakis,
      I'm looking to purchase a GTX 660ti, and would like to know how well your GTX 660ti is performing using DVDfab?

Are you using the DVDfab Blu ray copy (to 25GB) feature? If so, what range of speed increase have you been getting when copying blu ray movies? I/m aware that the overall speed you get is dependent on factors other then you Graphics card, but on a relative scale how much speed have you gained?

Also, would like to know if you encountered any problems or issues with DVDfab, when you converted over to you GTX 660ti card?

Thanks, Gadget

Comment

I have an i7-3770K system with a GeForce GTX660 card and had recently become upset because I've noticed when using CUDA that I will get random crashes of both the graphics driver and sometimes DVDFab. The whole issue became a moot point when I removed my Nvidia card and used the integrated HD4000s Intel Quicksync. OMG it is so much faster. I went from about 82 FPS to 165 FPS when transcoding from a Blu-Ray image to an .h264 MKV file.

Comment

I have an i7-3770K too. You can leave the Nvidia card in and use Virtu. This tells programs to use Quick Sync even though you have another video card.

Comment

Hey Marty, What please if I might asK is "VIRTU" ?
            Last edited by RICKENBACKER; 01-19-2013, 11:18 AM. Reason: MISSPELT WORD

Comment

Stat away from cuda and stick with software better quality media
              ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

LucidLogix VIRTU is software that should come on your motherboard CD, or can be downloaded from your motherboard manufacturers website, or.... downloaded from LucidLogix's website here;
                http://lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads.html

Comment

Working...
                X