This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Can a dvd folder/image be fixed?

Hello, I have a problem. I have a DVD folder, when played with Cyberlink Power DVD ultra player version 11 and 12. The movie locks up and locks up both players at the exact particularity scene. Is there any way to repair the DVD folder containing the movie? FYI it was not ripped by DVDFab. I have already gained a coaster and do not wish to get any more. For blank media I am using verbatim dual layer 8X speed made in Singapore. Thank you in advance.

P.S. I've also tried classic media player (K-lite) & VLC Player but they too lock at exactly a certain scene.

Comment

Post the internal log please.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        Post the internal log please.
        Hey Niner,

No log!!!

He stated that he didn't use DVD Fab so WTF is he asking the question here?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yeah that's right. I guess I was wanting him to try to use Fab on it and look at the log. Clone it or compress it back to the HDD with Fab and post the log or check with the software site that you used to rip it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Not sure we are allowed to post links to external software, so if not - please delete this post.

Try to run FixVTS on the files.

FixVTS is a very tiny tool that allows you to adjust your DVD files into better DVD compliance, so they can be opened in DVDShrink, vobblanker or other DVD softwares.

Comment

He stated he didn't use Dvd Fab so WTF is he asking ths question here?
              Gregiboy, you something else! LOL, but you do have a good point!

Comment

Good news!! I searched for hours and found a freeware called pgcedit_winexe93. I tried it and it re-built & fixed the DVD structure were I lost no data, did NOT suffer, stuttering or skipping of the DVD folder on my HDD I tried playing it with POWERDVD 11 & 12 ULTRA and they didn't lock up as before pgcedit_winexe93. Results was movie played "perfect"!!! consider this thread "closed".

Comment

So do I

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X