Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Digital Copies & Back-ups

Hi.

I'd like to digitize all of my DVD movies to play on my Computer & via Media Player on my home network at the best quality I can get so it still looks great on my 50" TV. I'd also like to be able to transfer movies to my ipad & iphone for movies on the go I don't mind it the copies are 2-3 gb if that's what it takes.

Additionally I'd like to have the ability to burn them to DVD should I need a back-up if I accidently destroy an original.

What will be my best method to do all of this in the least amount of steps.

I don't have any blu-rays so I only have to be concerned with standard def movies.

Thanks in advance for any & all help.

Copy

What media player do you have?
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

Just referring to Windows Media Center. My son uses it to Play his music library & photos through our Wireless Router via his xbox 360. It appears it would stream video as well...

When you use the DVDFAB ripping software will that rip & play in as good a resolution as the original DVD will on a big screen TV? Can I then watch that same rip on my iPad & iPhone. & Lastly burn that rip to a new DVD as a back-up?

THanks Again

Comment

Originally posted by Oops View Post
        Just referring to Windows Media Center. My son uses it to Play his music library & photos through our Wireless Router via his xbox 360. It appears it would stream video as well...

When you use the DVDFAB ripping software will that rip & play in as good a resolution as the original DVD will on a big screen TV? Can I then watch that same rip on my iPad & iPhone. & Lastly burn that rip to a new DVD as a back-up?

THanks Again
        You can use DVD Copy in Full Disc or Main Movie mode with no compression to keep the movies in DVD quality for watching on your TV. I usually save my movies in an ISO format so everything is contained in 1 file instead of multiple files in a Video folder.

The ISO will play in Windows Media Center with the addition of a Virtual Drive (such as DVD Virtual Drive) to mount the image.

The above is what I do regularly.

To play on an Ipad or Iphone, I believe that movie has to be converted into a different format using DVD Ripper. I can't confirm this as I've never done it.

Comment

As SweetOne69 suggests...you can't just play your "ripped" files on an iPad/iPod.
          DVD format is mpeg-2 whereas your apple devices require mp4.

Sorry, but you're looking at multiple formats...period
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I know for sure iPhone5h264 profile will make a file that will play on the iPad and Media Center, don't have an iPhone but that is the profile...
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X