Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to DVDFab. Audio Out of Sync Problems and other questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to DVDFab. Audio Out of Sync Problems and other questions.

Hey guys. I'm new to DVDFab, I bought it about a month ago and I've been trying to figure out the best way to use it. My goal is to back up my DVD collection to a Hard Drive and put my DVDs in storage so I don't have to keep moving them from apartment to apartment, when I move.

I have a 2.6ghz Core i7 1st Gen, Windows 7 64 Pro, 12 Gb of Ram, with a Geforce GTX670 and a GTX570 both in the computer. I am trying to run my files through XBMC. I am also running DVDFab 8.2.1.3.

Now my questions:

1. I keep ending up with files where the audio is out of sync with the video and I can't figure out why. I've tried quite a few different profiles but the result is almost always the same. The main one I wanted to use was MKV.remux, but I'd say 10% of my files finished with the audio in sync. I have also tried:
    generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    generic.avi.h264.audiocopy
    generic.mkv.h264.audiocopy
    generic.mkv.xvid.audiocopy

My current settings are:
    Disable All GPU codecs for decoding and encoding. (I had to turn off the GPU acceleration because it was causing it to get stuck half way through a movie.)

Video Decoder and Encoder are all set to Software.

Ask retry/ignore/abort when reading error

Enable PathPlayer when necessary

Default Framerate and Audio Channel are set to Same as Source.

Is there some magical combination of settings that I should be using for the best results?

2. What would the best settings be for files around 5gb or smaller with synced up audio and video? File size really isn't an issue, I just want the movie to look and sound like the DVD it came from. I would like to be able to just stick a DVD in and hit the button without a lot of testing. I've got a lot of DVDs to back up and the faster I can do it the better.

3. And my last question. I have about 20 HD-DVDs that I would also like to back up. Are there special settings needed to be able to read the HD-DVD discs?

Thanks guys, any help would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time I'll keep looking through the forums here for solutions and trying different combinations of settings.

I have also attached my log if that helps.

-KZR-
    Attached Files
Working...
X