DVDFab/Win8 compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab/Win8 compatibility

Just looking to see if there is any time frame for when Fab will be made fully compatible with win8, the download site information still only mentions up to win7 and all my systems are now win8 here so I don't want to go installing Fab as yet on a " it should work " if you know what I mean

Been using it on Windows 8 Pro x64 for a while, it works fine...

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
      Been using it on Windows 8 Pro x64 for a while, it works fine...
      Thanks for replying martythebrit, I should have also said in my post about wanting to install version 9, is this what your using ?

Comment

That's a whole different story!

I'm using V8.2.1.6, which works fine.

I installed V9 beta a couple of weeks ago, when I rebooted Windows 8 it crashed several times, then when it finally booted, V9 wouldn't work so I uninstalled it and haven't been back since. I will try again when the finished version is released.

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
          That's a whole different story!

I'm using V8.2.1.6, which works fine.

I installed V9 beta a couple of weeks ago, when I rebooted Windows 8 it crashed several times, then when it finally booted, V9 wouldn't work so I uninstalled it and haven't been back since. I will try again when the finished version is released.
          Ah! good to know, I'll wait for the final release before even bothering then.

Thanks martythebrit

Comment

the same thing happened to me, made me go crazy because it had been working for a couple of weeks on windows 8, now I constantly crash. if anyone knows a fix please let m e kno

thank you

Comment

Did you uninstall it?

Comment

Issue

Hi,

I just purchased a win8 hp laptop and installed version 9 and am experiencing problems with the burning function. When I insert a blank disc, it comes back with an error that it is not compatible. I worked around the issue by installing version 8 to just burn after version 9 rips the movie.

Is there something wrong with settings, on version 9, or something else that needs to be changed in order to make it work?

I would hate to continue to use two different versions for the product.

Thanks,

Ray

Comment

Yes the latest version 9 still has issues with win8, you'll find that if you check in the Action Centre under maintenance/ view reliability history there will be a new report made for every time you opened DVDFab 9
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'll be sticking with 8 for a while.

I'll let the version 9 extended beta testers work out the issues.

Comment

command line from batch doesnt work with v.9 either

I just reverted back to v8222 so I can keep using my scripts. v911 doesnt work with the batch scripts and any of the command line parameters.

Comment

Issues

Thanks, yes I see where DVDFab stopped working the in the history.

<Time>2012-11-27T21:29:05.660</Time><Impact>Critical</Impact><Source>DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.</Source><Problem>Stopped working</Problem><State>Report sent</State>

<Time>2012-11-27T22:56:28.007</Time><Impact>Critical</Impact><Source>DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.</Source><Problem>Stopped working</Problem><State>Report sent</State></Event>-<Event>

<Time>2012-11-27T21:11:56.989</Time><Impact>Critical</Impact><Source>DVDFab is the all-in-one software to copy, rip, convert and create Blu-ray, DVD and video files.</Source><Problem>Stopped working</Problem><State>Report sent</State>

Comment

Working...
                        X