Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me understand some 3D specs

Hi,

I am trying to get my head round 3d. I have a Samsung 40" ES6900 Series 6 SMART 3D TV http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/t...UE40ES6900UXXU

Q1. When I play a 3d film on the TV I see one single image with a slight bluing of a second image at some points. What type of 3d is this as it is not side by side.

Q2. What is best visually side by side or whatever the answer to Q1 is?

Q3. What 3d settings should I use in dvdfab to make a mkv backup of avatar? It is my only 3d film and I do not have a 3d blu-ray player so really want to watch it asap.

ok ignore above post. Still very confused but post above makes no sense.

Comment

If you are using version 8 fab I would suggest you use the MKV audio copy active 3d profile and just stick with the default settings first up. That should give you a SBS copy. Not sure about your TV but on mine(Sony Bravia) I have to go into the TV settings and select SBS to play the MKV. They work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by ASnet0007 View Post
        Hi,

I am trying to get my head round 3d. I have a Samsung 40" ES6900 Series 6 SMART 3D TV http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/t...UE40ES6900UXXU

Q1. When I play a 3d film on the TV I see one single image with a slight bluing of a second image at some points. What type of 3d is this as it is not side by side.

Q2. What is best visually side by side or whatever the answer to Q1 is?

Q3. What 3d settings should I use in dvdfab to make a mkv backup of avatar? It is my only 3d film and I do not have a 3d blu-ray player so really want to watch it asap.
        What you are looking at is stereoscopic 3D which is what 3D is. Now you say you don't have a 3D BR player so you plan on just streaming the content to the TV? Or you have a media player? If you want to make a 3D MKV you need to pick the SBS profile that suites you TV which I'm sure is active glasses and not passive. If you have to recharge your glasses you have active shutter if they are the type like in theaters then you have passive. Once you select the profile in the bd ripper section. Start the process. When the content is displayed on the tv you will have 2 side by side pictures SBS on my song I have to select 3D SBS and it will combine the pictures and make it look like real 3D (stereoscopic) the only differance is its not 2 1080p pictures like real 3D. On my Sony you could not tell the differance.
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X