This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definition of "lifetime" license?

I was in the process of purchasing a “lifetime” DVDFAB DVD to DVD license when I came up with a few questions…the first I think I’ve already seen someone post about and that was the “download insurance” (or whatever it was called) for something like an additional $6.99. As mentioned, I figured I’d always be able to download another install program as long as I had a registered license key, so I’m not sure what that is for.

Secondly, and more importantly, I just wanted to make sure that when it says “lifetime”, that applies to ALL future releases and versions of DVDFAB DVD to DVD program, so when DVDFAB goes from say version 3.5 to 4.0 or 5.0, my “lifetime” purchase of DVDFAB DVD to DVD program still applies? Anyone know?

There are no real guarantees in life except death and taxes.

However, I have been using my lifetime license bought on version 4 for versions 5 and 6. You would still need to buy any additional modules that came out that you were interested in (ex. Blu-Ray to Mobile when available).

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post

However, I have been using my lifetime license bought on version 4 for versions 5 and 6. You would still need to buy any additional modules that came out that you were interested in (ex. Blu-Ray to Mobile when available).
      Ditto.
      I purchased a license for Fab 2.xxx back in 2004 and to date, I have not paid another penny.
      (I do not have any BR hardware, so I'm still good with DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile).

Re: the download insurance...none of us (mods and members) can figure this out either...
      You can download the application anytime..regardless.
      It's a waste of $...JMO
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Good to hear...and yeah, I think I'll skip the download insurance. Is the 20% code the best current discount code available? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bubernak View Post
          Is the 20% code the best current discount code available? Thanks!
          Yup, afaik Fengtao always honors the 20%

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Okay....

I just read this thread....I am new and consider buying... Your program was introduced by a very good friend of mine.

Thank you

Comment

I think the download insurance was added by the payment processor. However, I skipped it since I'm very averse to all insurances that don't involve Life, Death or Auto.

Comment

Lifetime is for the life of the product correct?
                Regardless of the version. That is the reason for the lifetime option.
                For just a few more dollars it is paid for, for life.
                Last edited by magnum62; 12-17-2009, 05:15 AM.
                "They say that dog is man's best friend, but they are wrong. Man is dog's best friend. But a dog that will lay down his life to protect his master is man's best friend and a dog that will turn and run at the threat of danger is no friend at all."

Comment

The moderators here do not work for DVDFab. But from personal experience the lifetime license has allowed for version changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post

By "ex." do you mean "for example" or "excluding"? Wondering if I have to pay for Blu-Ray to Mobile when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Joe View Post
                      By "ex." do you mean "for example" or "excluding"? Wondering if I have to pay for Blu-Ray to Mobile when it comes out.
                      Ex. = Example

I don't know if you would have to pay more for Blu-Ray to Mobile when it comes out if you already had DVD to Mobile. I'm not going to speculate. My suggestion is to base your purchase decision on what is available now rather than what might be available later (other than the continual updates for new copy protection which has been great).

Comment

I already purchased and own most of if not all of the entire suite including DVD to Mobile and Blu Ray to Blu Ray. I would think any prospective Blu Ray to Mobile module would fall under one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Joe View Post
                          I already purchased and own most of if not all of the entire suite including DVD to Mobile and Blu Ray to Blu Ray. I would think any prospective Blu Ray to Mobile module would fall under one of these.
                          Possibly, but I have DVD to Mobile and when File to Mobile came out it was not included in my existing license.

Comment

Thanks. I bet Blu Ray to Mobile will be a really slow process. Compressing 38GB files into ipod-size mp4's should take the fastest computer many hours to complete.

Comment

Working...
                            X