Endless scanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endless scanning

Currently running V.8.2.2.0 with Pathplayer enabled on XP Pro SP3.

Occasionally, say 5% of the time, DVDFab seems to get stuck when initially scanning a DVD. The drive light flashes a bit at first, but then I can hear that the disc has stopped spinning. The scanning progress bar just goes and goes... forever.

I've tried stopping DVDFab, having the disc in or out of the drive when starting the program, rebooting, installing an older version of the program, disabling av, etc. None of those things help.

I just tried running Passkey after rebooting and although that did not help DVDFab, I then ran DVDShrink and it was able to do the job. Then I tried again without Passkey helping and DVDShrink did not work. So that suggests to me that Passkey works better than DVDFab - but WHY

I thought it might be the drive, so I installed an old IDE one and it DID work for that particular disc, so I left it in plus the original drive which is SATA.

A few discs still have the endless scanning problem with both drives, it is puzzling. I've also checked the discs for scratches and fingerprints, but they are crystal-clear and play OK on an external DVD player.
    'Round, 'round, get around... I'm getting dizzy

You have a lot going on there. First off don't run Passkey and DVDFab at the same time, it's not needed and might cause unpredictable results. DVDFab has the Passkey decryper built in. If you want to use Shrink rip the disc to the hard drive with Passkey then use Shrink on the HDD folder or image.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, I tried lots of things.

Ah, good, I thought that Passkey and DVDFab probably had the same decrypter. I don't ever run them together, it was just an experiment to see if Passkey would help DVDFab.

Then I only used Passkey+Shrink to see if the whole disc could be processed when DVDFab failed.

So how come Passkey can read a disc in really quickly that DVDFab can't seem to process at all?
      'Round, 'round, get around... I'm getting dizzy

Comment

Working...
      X