X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amending region code on iso rip

Hi all,
    hoping someone can help advise. I have an ISO file of a bluray film

when i open the iso as a source it asks me to select region A / B/ C so i select B (UK) as this is where i am based and my BD player is. however when i burn the image to BDR it wont play get region error message.

i opened the source iso again and clicked the green tick and it says say region1 (which is USA) i am based in UK (region 2/ B)

is there anyway to remove the region coding on the iso file as my brother has the original disc and he is not local. or is the only way to RIP the original disc again?

at the moment i have wasted 1 br-r as it wont play. could i rip the bd-r of the movies and change the region code?

hi again all..
    actually i may have made a mistake on my prev post..

i just opened another iso (which will play) and what it says is

Info for drive [J:\] (DVDFab 8.0.6.1)
    Drive region: 1

Disc media: Blu-ray
    Disc type: BDMV
    Volume name: MAGIC_MIKE

AACS (Advanced Access Content System) protection is not found.
    BD+ protection is not found.

im not sure when it says drive region 1? is this referring to my bd writer?

basically i mounted the iso using DEAMON Tools and then pressed the green tick at the top to display above info..

so im not sure why my other movie will not play? where can i identify what region the iso is?
    Last edited by grantsmith82; 12-18-2012, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Hi grantsmith82
      I'm guessing that your drive is set in region 1, you will need to set it to your region.
      You will not be able to see what region the ISO is.
      Where did you get the ISO, did you make it?
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

i cant see to change the region of my virtual drive (I:/) which is created by deamon tools.

when i go into control panel / device manager / dvd/cd drives its lists my dvdROM and my BDwriter and also virual drive (DTSOFT Virtual cdrom drive)
        now if i go into this and clock properties and click dvd region tab it does show its current region is 1
        and i have a new of countties to select for new region. so i choose UK (2)
        but i get warning "unable to update region setting. The drive that it requires media of the destination region (region2) so please insert appropriate media and try again.

so how to i over come this?

i tried demounting the movie (hunger games) and trying a rip of batman that does play fine on my player as correct region and having that movie mounted in the virtual drive but i get same error

Comment

the hunger games rip -- really annoying me now..

just quick update.. as i couldnt get the disc back off my brother quickly i went down to my local blockbuster and bought a cheap preowned copy.

ive made it into an iso and now burnt on to 2 different discs one a 50gb BD-R(x4 speed) and my 2nd attempt a 50gb BD-RE (x2 speed) both copys now load upto the main title menu and i can go into chapter select etc.. but when it comes to playing the movie it just a black screen nothing else
          this is on my ps3 and on my samsung bd player just get error cant play disc.

this also wont play if i put the disc in my drive and open with powerdvd12. however the iso file (if i mount as virtual drive) will play fine.

also the band of discs is the same ive always used and always play fine on both ps3 and samsung so i dont think its the brand of disc..

is there extra protection on the hunger games?? so far in total about 4 discs wasted on this + the bd-re (but i can reuse that)

Comment

i think i sorted now guys recreated a new iso from the disc and burnt and it seems to play from the disc now..

for those who know/love the movie i am confused as i beleive there were 2 versions 12 (edited blood scenes) and 15 rating uncut version(with blood)

my copy is ex rental i got for £8 which is 12 rating but does have all blood scenes - odd?

Comment

Working...
            X