8226QT shuts down W7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8226QT shuts down W7

Having a problem with 8226 QT shutting down W7!

Screen comes up saying to remove new hardware or software that has been installed! As soon as I remove 8226 QT everything is back to normal!

When I re-install 8226QT it starts shutting down W7 again, even if I'm using it or not it shuts down W7!

Anyone else having this problem? All other QT's work fine!

Latest graphical drivers installed?

Comment

Hey Gummi,

Yes, I have the latest version installed, it just came out! I don't think thats the problem! It's only doing it with this version! (8226QT)

It pops up a screen, but doesn't give me enough time to read all of it, then it shuts down! Once I un-install 8226qt everything is all right! If I leave it installed then W7 keeps shutting down!

But it says to remove any new hardware or new software, the only thing new is 8226qt! Once thats gone everything is OK! V9 works just fine, all the other QT's work fine! This is the only one that shuts down my PC, everytime!

Comment

Can you roll the graphics driver back to the previous version to see if there is a problem with it and DVDFab?
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

DVDFAB v8 8226QT shuts down W7

I was reading your post with V8 not working with W8, you said to try another new install, so I D/L 8226QT again and installed it and so far still good!

Not having any problems now!, with W7!

Comment

An unusual problem, I hope it hangs on for you!

Albert Einstein

Comment

It been good for a while now! Before it would just shut W7 down with in 2-3 min's and start re-booting by its self!

I guess was bad install!

Comment

Well it did it again, so I went back to previous driver! Had driver 310.71 latest offical driver!

Went back to 310.61 beta driver and having no problems with 8226QT! I guess DVDFAB and the new driver (310.71) aren't "gellin" together this time!

Learn something new every day!

Comment

I hope it hangs on this time! You know what they say "feces occurs" right!

Albert Einstein

Comment

DVDFAB v8 8226QT shuts down W7

Back again,

After many day troulbeshooting, this is what I finally came up with!

When the blue screen pops up and shut down my PC, it says that there is a faulty driver in the Kernal stack and must be replaced! Which I have no idea what that is!

I've also gotten a pop up from Nvidia stating that the driver 310.71 is not responding and DVDFab qiuts working! I've rolled back to 310.61 beta driver and back to 306.97 driver and still have the same problem!

Now, it only happens when I use BD-Ripper trying to change to MKV format!
                    BluRay Copy works every time to hdd, its just when I try to convert!

Duzz anyone know what they mean by Kernal stack and how I could go about correcting this problem!

It would greatly be appreciated!
                    Last edited by 8855A; 01-03-2013, 05:23 PM. Reason: Info

Comment

Just to know for sure I would run memtest86 on the computer and stress the heck out of the memory. You can chase your tail forever if a memory chip has cracked on you.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Is memtest86 something I can D/L and run? (as I was typing this nvivdia pops up again says drviver 310.71 not responding, then this picture came back) You got me now, does the mean one of my memory stick are bad, and i"m just throwing that out there, don't know whats going on!

Thanks for the reply! Hope to get this resolved!

Comment

Agree with 90312 wholeheartedly (a real shocker, eh?).

You might also simply try re-seating your RAM prior to running memtest86
                          Just pull each stick, blow out the socket with some canned air and re-seat the RAM
                          Last edited by maineman; 01-03-2013, 06:05 PM.
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hey 88,

Sorry I was posting at the same time.
                            Bum memory can cause a multitude of problems as 90312 said.

This doesn't mean your RAM is bad, but running memtest86 is a logical,easy first step.

Just google it.
                            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hey, Maineman

Its is a shocker when your running Consair Vengence, remember I built this rig last December, just out of warranty!

I was asking 90312 is the memtest86 something I can D/L and run or something you can do on PC?

Comment

Working...
                              X