Whats wrong with DVDfab9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats wrong with DVDfab9?

Nearly every time I start up DVDFab9 it crashes.
    Almost like it is trying to contact "the server" and when it cannot,
    it crashes.

Why? This is silly. It should absolutely cache this info so it can be started even if the network is down or highly congested or "the server" is down or so busy it is not responding quickly enough for the software to work.

I have to start the app, it crashes, I tell it to restart, it crashes, restart, crashes, and then maybe it starts.

Absolutely frustrating.

Hi timmymac123
    What version are you using?
    Maybe try uninstalling Fab running a registry cleaner like CCleaner Download
    Latest Version
    until nothing is found, then download a fresh installer and reinstall Fab.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I had 9.0.1.6 and just updated to 9.0.1.8.

Same problem on both

Comment

Hi timmymac123
        What are you using for an antivirus, is it allowing Fab to install correctly and run?
        Is Fab also configured to run through your firewall?
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I am using AVAST for virus scan (latest update/version). This is one AV program I find that rarely interferes with applications.

I am not using any firewall at the moment.

I used the DVDfab 9 when it came out and have not had issues with it connecting.

It seems just recently (read: TODAY) I started having issues and no version seems to make a difference except for v8 which does not connect at startup like v9.

Comment

Working...
          X