dvd to portable hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other dvd to portable hard drive

Does anyone know how to put a dvd on to a portable hard drive?
    I just got a 1.5 tb toshiba canvio and i want to transfer some of my movies to it but cant seem to get it right. Ive tried so many options but nothing ive done seems to work. I can see the folder on the hard drive when i hook it up to my dvd player through the usb port but i cant play it. it has the divx logo on it.
    Ncflores210

Sounds like you may have to use the ripper to convert the folder to a DivX avi to play that way.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi ncflores210
      There are many factors involved e.g. the format of Hdd, whether your DVD Player can play a movie in a folder format.

Need more information like model of DVD player etc...
      Try reading your manual and post back.
      I'm guessing that your Hdd may need to be formatted as Fat32 and your file format will have to be DivX format using the ripper function in Fab.
      CBR929

Hey 90312, I'm slow today
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

thanks for the replies.

both the dvd players I tried it on have the divx logo on it. ones a lg bdplayer the other is a rca dvd player. Ive ttried just plugging it into the tv usb port and same thing happens it shows the portable hard drive and i can see a cpl pics i put on there in a folder but not the movies i put in another folder.
        Ncflores210

Comment

I dont see a divx converter option on the drop downs. i see one for xvid and some other options but not one for divx. i know there used to be a generic option in the drop down in the old version that was for divx but i have not seen that in this version.
          Ncflores210

Comment

Hi ncflores210
            Xvid will probably work or even Avi.
            What is the model # of your DVD players?
            Have you read the manuals on them and will they play through a Usb Hdd?
            I can do it with a Usb stick Formatted as Fat 32 on my player, have not tried to do it on a Usb Hdd.
            CBR929

Edit: Another thing I found is that my player did not like to play movies that were in a "folder", I had to remove the folder and just put the movie there and it played.
            Last edited by CBR929; 01-07-2013, 01:09 AM. Reason: Edit
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
            X