Rewritables are a valuable tool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rewritables are a valuable tool.

There are lots of people deciding if purchasing BD-RE media is worth the price. Now as a guy who has been backing up his blu-rays for awhile I will say yes it's worth the investment, even with the great advancements with today's backup software. BD-RE 25gb are reasonably priced from $1.00 to $7.00 and a 50gb cost around $13.00 which isn't a bad investment either, figuring a write once is the same price. However make a coaster with 50gb write once your down $13.00. Some people however don't feel the same and use their logic why do it twice when it can work the first time. The issue is that's fine if its done on an inexpensive 25gb however even at $1.00 a piece it can get expensive lets take an example I was backing up a movie that would fit on a BD-R (25gb) but yet had issues. I went through 7 BD-R's that's $7.00, lots of coaster and lots of time spent inserting media. I however found out the issue and got a good backup, now if I had a rewritable I wouldn't have went through 7 disc's.

With 3D becoming more mainstream I believe having a rewritable is needed more than ever. I read on the forum people have problems converting 50gb 3D movies down to 25gb and waiting discs. Again having a rewritable would be a smart investment. Lets not forget even backing up a 50gb to 50gb 3D movie can sometimes cause headaches and create coasters.

The last subject I'm going to tackle about having a rewritable is 2D to 3D software. I have tried this software and ma a couple of coasters by selecting the wrong output SBS or Top and Bottom. If I would have used a rewritable I would have saved money.

In closing I would say if your starting out backing up any media, or even experimenting with settings, be it DVD or Blu-Ray I would suggest picking up a rewritable or two.
    Last edited by CBR929; 01-06-2013, 04:25 AM. Reason: spelling
    Lancool K-56 case.
    OCZ 700watt PSU.
    MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
    AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
    ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
    16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
    OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
    WD 2TB.
    EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
    LGWH12LS38 BD-RE
Working...