Audio 'Dropout'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Audio 'Dropout'

My normal method of copying BD's etc is to copy the 'Main Movie' as M2TS files to my HDD for later playback over the network. Sometimes, because there are multiple M2TS files in the 'Stream' folder, I rip the copied file to MKV which then makes it one large file as opposed to many small files. The reason for this is that as my media player (DUNE) goes though the M2TS sequence (over a hard wired 1 Gbs network) there is a short delay as each file is accessed which is a bit annoying - sometimes, the files are not in numerical order so that continuity is not maintained. I recently copied the latest version of 'Total Recall' - Another disappointment -Just another chase movie with lots of special effects, albeit very good effects..... which has multiple M2TS files which I ripped to MKV H264 Audiocopy. Unfortunately, there is an 'audio 'dropout' which I am assuming comes as each M2TS file was ripped to the MKV container. I tried MKV Remux and the same thing occurs. This movie has 'Cinavia' protection as well but with media players, this is not a problem --- Has anyone experienced this 'dropout' when ripping multiple MT2s BD copy before and if so, is there a solution? - Thanks

I don't know what it is about Total Recall 2012 but Sound appears to be a big problem.

Am not sure what the OP means by a dropout, but I rarely get sound when replayed using my normal XBMC and VLC players, however one player replay the movie fine.
    Movie was backup/ripped to hard disk, then re-encoded to a single m2ts file using pass-through unfortunately there is no True HD Audio after re-encode.

VLC = No sound at all
    XBMC = Video skips a second or two then fast forwards to sync with timeline and with continuous distorted sound
    PowerDVD = Dolby AC3 6ch 640kbps Audio only and runs out of sync progressively worse as movie plays (however plays each individual m2ts files from the original backup 'copy' directory perfectly)
    MPC-HC = Perfect Video (H264) replay with Dolby AC3 6ch 640kbps Audio only (No True HD available, and never runs out of sync).

BlueRay Ripper to iPhone, iPad etc plays fine except subtitles rendered to movie can be as much as 30 seconds out of sync with audio

Comment

It could be something with the Dune media player! I have an AIOS media player and I don't have any audio problems with it, and I only use HD Audio!

I use Blu-ray copy maine movie only, and when its through I use BD Ripper h264 Autocopy and it puts all the M2TS in order along with the HD Audio I picked in Blu-ray copy!

I've had some movies that didn't work, but just had to find the right title for the movie! I did Total Recall the same way and it plays fine!

Might want to go through your audio setup and see if its a cable or something like that! Lots of time its something simple that you over look, I always check the simple things first and most of the time that turned out to be my problem!

Comment

Well, I've found that DVDFab v9.0.2.8 will rip/backup Total Recall to a playable m2ts file (using passthrough) if selecting only one Audio option, in my case that's HDaudio only. With limited options most players play the video/ audio without issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
          Well, I've found that DVDFab v9.0.2.8 will rip/backup Total Recall to a playable m2ts file (using passthrough) if selecting only one Audio option, in my case that's HDaudio only. With limited options most players play the video/ audio without issue.
          I had to do exactly as Ian said and it worked fine. The reason there are audio dropouts in this film is because of the manner in which they encoded the branching scenes when they incorporated the behind the scenes commentary. It must leave some type of marker where it branches, and depending on which codec you use and which way you encode it, it will create an audible gap. Thankfully, the M2TS method of conversion removes those gaps for those of you still having issues with Total Recall.

Comment

Working...
          X