Running Problems on Windows 8 Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running Problems on Windows 8 Pro

I've been using DVDFab 8 for sometime without any problems.

Over Xmas period I upgraded my machine to Windows 8 Pro (Clean Install) and decided to also upgrade a feature of DVDFab as I have started using Blu-Ray discs more than DVD's.

I also decided to install V9016 of the application, which originally worked without problems. I upgraded the other day to V9020 which also seemed to be working fine, but then I started having some issues when inserting USB drives into my computer, which resulting in receiving BAD_POOL_HEADER errors.

As Fab was the last application I installed, I uninstalled it, but still had some issues, so performed a refresh and then installed everything again. This time the application just crashes at the start when contacting the servers and happens with both v9016 and v9020.

If I revert back to v8, the application runs fine, without any problems.

I've also fixed the BAD_POOL_HEADER error as found this was caused by another application (HDD Control 2) that monitored my hard drives, yet was supposed to be Windows 8 compatible. After removing that application I am able to use the USB devices without any issues.

I know it doesn't take me long to reinstall my system, but would have to re-add it to the domain, but would this be beneficial to see if I get the same problems incase the refresh option of windows 8 doesn't actually remove everything.

Also would the re-installation of the app due to the numerous fixes I've attempted to do over the pass few days, cause any problems with my licence keys

regards
    walkerx

9.0.2.0 won't run

The latest version 9 won't run for me either. It gets stuck at the same place...contacting server. I've tried reinstalling numerous times. Previous version worked fine. I just tried installing it on one of my other computers that previously had no DVDFABs on it. Same thing happened. Version 8 works fine. I've noticed numerous other reports of this same thing on this forum. What's going on??

Comment

Working...
    X