This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drives Firmware

Does anyone know how or where i can check my LG WH08LS20 Blue Ray burners firmware. The LG website is not listing my model number. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If it's a new drive it may not have one yet. Right click on it in ImgBurn and scroll to bottom and check Firmware HQ.

Comment

RPC1.org is usually the place i go to first.

LG WH08LS20 - 1.00-00 which you probably have

AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Well i checked out firmware version and it says its the 1.00.00. Is there anywhere where i can find the update for this if there is one ????

Comment

Its ok i did more checking and found out i guess that my current firmware is the latest. Thanks guys for your help.

Comment

Anyone found an update for the wh08ls20 ? I have it and am running 1.0 howver I saw a few posts in other forums where they are running 2.0. Can't find anything on it.

This file does not recognize my drive:
            http://www.firmwarehq.com/LG/WH08LS20/files.html

Comment

I have this drive but it came with an lg updater tool kit which may be available from their site. This is a wholsale drive but is the same as the BH08LS20 hope this helps
              AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
              4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
              ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
              2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
              LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
              Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Current firmware is 2.00
                AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
                4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
                ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
                2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
                LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
                Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

I did not get any software with my drive as it was OEM from Newegg, however, it is the same drive as the retail. I can't find the updater you reference anywhere on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Joe View Post
                    I did not get any software with my drive as it was OEM from Newegg, however, it is the same drive as the retail. I can't find the updater you reference anywhere on the net.
                    Here it is.

Comment

LG Blueray Burner

Singleman5, I have that same blueray burner. If you load the software DVD that came with your drive it has a LG Firmware tool you can install as part of the software package and it will tell you what version firmware you already have when you search for new firmware. Of course, I bought the retail version of the drive. Hope this helps..

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                        Thanks. I must be going crazy, I thought I tried that same file a month ago and it did not find my drive. It worked and I am running 2.0.

Have you or anyone noticed any changes with the 1.0 to 2.0 upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Boston Joe View Post
                          Thanks. I must be going crazy, I thought I tried that same file a month ago and it did not find my drive. It worked and I am running 2.0.

Have you or anyone noticed any changes with the 1.0 to 2.0 upgrade?

I no longer use LG burners.
                          I am running 4 pioneer burners.

Comment

So far this burner has been a rock for me. I also have a Samsung DVD burner that rips noticeably faster than the LG, so when I am ripping DVD's to my hard drive I use this one. That's the only thing I have noticed so far. Takes about 5 minutes longer to rip a DVD.

Comment

I would not mind replacing the DVD only drive with a Blu Ray player combo burner drive though. I am guessing you like Pioneer. Any thoughts on this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Pioneer-BDC-...item3ca97666f8

Comment

Working...
                              X