This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no source at all

Hi - I have DVDFab 6.1.2.5 registered running under XP with a region 2 DVD writer. It used to work but now for no apparent reason the 'source' now says 'insert DVD...' (ie not pointing at my writer). If I try to find a source the writer or a file neither will be accepted. Any ideas?
    FYI I have just built a new machine with a Windows 7 and XP dual boot and two DVD Writers (no regions set) The same thing occurs on both boots which is why I re-connected my old machine to urgently copy some dvds and found it no longer does so.
    Any ideas welcome . TKIA

sorry - forgot - on my old machine the drive is listed under 'target' and on my new machine both drives are listed.
    Last edited by riley50; 12-18-2009, 04:57 PM.

Set the Region code for the drives and update to the latest version on the main page of this forum.

Comment

hi - thanks for that - careless of me. But unfortunately made no difference! I still show no source but all ODD show as target options. Any ideas what next?

Comment

Are you saying that the source box and dropdown are empty and that clicking on the yellow folder to the right does not give you the option of picking a source?

Comment

Yes - source box only has the ' insert dvd...' in it , source dropdown is empty. If I select the drive from the yellow folder it is ignored. This is the case on three separate boot ups (installations). On program startup I do get 'scanning for media...'.
          Very strange as originally dvdfab worked on the old machine.

Comment

not sure if this would be the problem but could you download and install ImgBurn if you not have it installed already and copy you filter drive load order to this thread. I find that when your problem happens a known bad filter would be the culprit

Comment

Hi - tried ImgBurn on both machines. The original dvdFab (single ODD) now works. No joy with my new machine with dvdFab but ImgBurn works fine. So is it a better program? Heresy!
              I will have to lookup how to find my 'filter drive load order'. cheers

Comment

How are the drives connected on the new rig? Both drives Sata connected directly into the MoBo or plugged into some type of Sata card?

Comment

Have you dried deleting all the devices under Device Manager and then doing a reboot and leaving Windoze re-install them?
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

click tools from within ImgBurn and select Filter Drive Load Order. Click Copy to Clipboard and then you paste to your next post reply for this thread

Comment

No - I have not tried deleting all devices...
                      Both ODD are connected to my mobo on an IDE cable.
                      here is my filter load - looks pretty spartan to me! and a copy of the startup log:
                      ===============================================
                      Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.0.0
                      ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
                      Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
                      Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
                      Lower Class Filter: PxHlpa64
                      Lower Class Filter: Afc
                      Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: PxHlpa64
                      File Name:
                      File Version:
                      File Description:
                      Product Name:
                      Product Version:
                      Company Name:
                      Copyright:

Filter Name: Afc
                      File Name: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\Afc.sys
                      File Version: 1, 0, 0, 2 [1.0.0.2]
                      File Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
                      Product Name: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
                      Product Version: 1, 0, 0, 2 [1.0.0.2]
                      Company Name: Arcsoft, Inc.
                      Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.

ImgBurn Log

I 14:54:24 ImgBurn Version 2.5.0.0 started!
                      I 14:54:24 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)
                      I 14:54:24 Total Physical Memory: 6,289,496 KB - Available: 4,136,220 KB
                      I 14:54:25 Initialising SPTI...
                      I 14:54:25 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
                      I 14:54:26 Found 1 DVD±RW and 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
                      Last edited by riley50; 12-20-2009, 04:10 PM. Reason: missed a question

Comment

remove the filter below using ImgBurn as it a bad filter to have installed and could be what is causing your problems

Code:
                        Filter Name: Afc
                        File Name: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\Afc.sys
                        File Version: 1, 0, 0, 2 [1.0.0.2]
                        File Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
                        Product Name: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
                        Product Version: 1, 0, 0, 2 [1.0.0.2]
                        Company Name: Arcsoft, Inc.
                        Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
                        Possibly Arcsoft Photo impressions installed that filter and may not work correctly if the filter is removed. Did you install any Arcsoft programs lately?

Comment

Working...
                        X