This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert 4:3 to 16:9

I got some movies that i recorded back in the day and now when i stream them to my widescreen tv they dont fill up the screen, it just plays a square leaving the sides black...

is there any way i can make it widescreen?

No, there is not within Fab.

It will always keep the correct aspect ratio.

Anyway, if you did that, you would get what I call the "Pinocchio" effect where eveyones nose is stretched.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

there should be some type of solution for this, for example when i play the video on my computer it starts playing 4:3, and my laptop is a widescreen. If i use vlc player it has an option under video, aspect ratio and then i choose 16:9 and it adjusts the movie to my screen and and everything is proportional, like you dont see small fat midgets but everything according to its desired size

Comment

Sometimes this is an option on your TV called zoom.

Comment

i also thought of that, but none of my tvs adjust it correctly but thanks for responding

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
            Sometimes this is an option on your TV called zoom.
            But you will be chopping top/bottom off the image.

I use Zoom when you have LETTERBOX 1.85 or 2.35 video.

For 1.33 as described above, I usually leave the TV set on Widescreen or Auto (I think Auto will stretch) and go with the slight stretch.
            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

If the original dvd had an aspect ratio of 4:3, then even if you do change the aspect ratio,
              you'll cut off video at the top and bottom.
              There's no way to retrieve the lost video that was cropped to render a 4:3 aspect ratio.

The old 321 studio DVD X Copy Platinum had an option to change aspect ratios and
              while I guess you could do this with other software, you still have underlying issue.

//Edit
              Oops, looks like AlienX69 beat me to it.
              Last edited by maineman; 12-27-2009, 06:44 PM.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
              X