Advantages of ISO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Advantages of ISO

After seeing a lot of users having problems with ISO, I am at a loss of what the advantage of an ISO is over Folders with VOBs for DVDs.

Can someone please give a short explanation?

Thanks

One significant advantage is network streaming. If you have folders with VOBs, then when you select your DVD from the network with a media player (such as WDTV), you have to drill down through the files to find the right VOB to play.

With ISO, you just click once on the ISO file and the DVD menu pops up in the same manner as a DVD.

I have also found that some DVD's in VOB format (such as TV shows) will not play properly over my network. They stutter and the sound drops out. The same DVD's in ISO format play perfectly via the network.

The same DVD's in VOB format will play perfectly if my external drive is connected directly to my media player.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor Bag View Post
      If you have folders with VOBs, then when you select your DVD from the network with a media player (such as WDTV), you have to drill down through the files to find the right VOB to play.
      No, you don't. You simply press PLAY (not ENTER) on the VIDEO_TS folder and all VOBs will be played back consecutively.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
      MultiShrink
      : DVD Shrink batch processing
      Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Originally posted by Chetwood View Post
        No, you don't. You simply press PLAY (not ENTER) on the VIDEO_TS folder and all VOBs will be played back consecutively.
        With ISO you don't have to drill down to the VIDEO_TS folder.

Comment

I don't have those issues. I only copy the main movie and to DVD folder structure. When I use Media Browser / WMC 7 or VLC thru a home grown media browser, I only have to point to the top folder and movie plays just fine. My network as of now is total wired (my Smart TV in the bar is not set up to play movies yet. Waiting for MB3)

I guess there is no advantage for me.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Senor Bag View Post
            With ISO you don't have to drill down to the VIDEO_TS folder.
            Obviously.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
            MultiShrink
            : DVD Shrink batch processing
            Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Working...
            X