Alternative player for ps3 ripped bluray files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Alternative player for ps3 ripped bluray files

Hello, please could someone help, I have a few backup copies of Blu-ray Discs which I have converted using the default PS3 setting on the bluray ripper software. These files play perfectly on the PS3 console however I wish to play these files on an alternative media player without cinavia. Can any one recommend a suitable media player, I have already tried a popcorn hour A-300 and a WD Live both of which result in jerky playback of the films. Any help would be appreciated.

Honestly, you would be better trying to sort out the jerkiness as both players are good units and should handle playback no problems.

Are you playing from an internal/local disk?
    Are you playing across a network and if so, is it wireless?
    Are you using the "Ripper" module or just ISO? if Ripper, what profile?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hello, thanks for your reply, to answer some of your questions I gave up with the wd live and decided to buy the popcorn hour A-300. I still have this unit and the files are played direct from the internal hard drive. I'm not sure how fast the hard drive is but it must be around 3 years old. I have tried playing them from a new external hard drive using the front USB port with the same jerky result. To confirm the jerky movement shows up on the slow panning scenes of the films which is really annoying, the action scenes seem to be ok. The files were ripped using the default PS3 settings on the dvdfab bluray ripper option, I never changed any of the options. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the good info....

Can you try this for a test please and report back.

Use the MKV Remux profile to encode a title that you know that you have problems with, copy it to the internal drive and play it back... It will be big.

PS: Can you give us the MediaInfo report on one of the PScrap files also please?
        Last edited by GregiBoy; 03-28-2013, 11:50 PM.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X