Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to rip movie to hard drive without compressing? Not asking about cloning to ISO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to rip movie to hard drive without compressing? Not asking about cloning to ISO.

I cannot find an answer to this... How to rip a BluRay to my hard drive without converting and compressing the video.

My goal is to stick the video in Adobe CS5 Premiere Pro and add a soundtrack from a laserdisc release of the same title.

For the life of my I cannot figure out how to do this. Every option I choose wants to make the file size smaller. I DON'T want that.

At this point I don't know if I should use the COPY, RIPPER or CONVERTER options. I'm lost.

Obviously there must be an option for this because I read about it being done all of the time. But I cannot find it. Clearly I am looking in the wrong places.

If this is an easy, generic question, I apologise. I looked all day today for an answer before posting. Thanks.

To clarify... Cloning a BD25 to another BD25 is not what I want. That's easy. I can also take a BD50 and shrink it down to a BD25 to burn, but that is NOT what I want to do.

I want the movie, on my hard drive, without any compression or re-encoding. I can then take that file and stick it in Premiere Pro, or if needed, transcode with TSmuxer or some other program.

I hope I am making sense.

P.S. My computer is quite robust. I can edit 1080p and 2k files in Premiere Pro without lag, so I have ample horsepower.

This is the way I do it:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Okay, so if I choose that folder structure, it will not create an ISO but instead, place the video file inside a BD folder structure? I'll give it a try.

Comment

Yeah, that what it will do. Main movie works the same way set to BD50.

Albert Einstein

Comment

It worked. Thank you for your help. Who knew it would be so easy.

Comment

You bet! Does the laserdisc have a different sound track or audio stream? I'm interested as to what you gain?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes. When it comes to Hong Kong films, none of the DVD's and BluRays have the original mono tracks. The laserdiscs do, in uncompressed PCM. It takes some work, but you can sync them up and presto... A better version of the film.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X