confusion over passkey and DVDfab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Passkey confusion over passkey and DVDfab

I've been a long time user of DVDFab and was just looking at the recent email I got about the latest Passkey. I'm confused as to if I need it or not. I've had a few problems with movies that always seem to be taken care of quickly with an update of DVDFab. I guess I don't understand what is the purpose of Passkey and if I need it in addition to DVDFab. Any help someone can give or point me in the direction of answers is greatly appreciated.

You do not need Passkey if you have DVDFab. Passkey is needed for decrypting if you are going to use a backup program that does not decrypt, Nero recode for example.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you. That's what I thought at first, but after reading some of the updates, it seemed like it might have support that DVDFab doesn't.

Comment

No, logically and from a business standpoint that would be counterproductive. There are advantages to having Passkey and DVDFab. Some older versions of DVDFab perform certain functions better than newer versions but won't decrypt new protection schemes. Passkey will rip a clean iso or folder structure to the HDD and then pretty much any version of DVDFab will work on the folder/image.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Passkey and DVDFab share the same decryption engine, which supports the latest protections as found on Blu-ray and DVD.
          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Working...
          X