Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I properly rip Dolby TrueHD if my reciever doesn't support it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I properly rip Dolby TrueHD if my reciever doesn't support it?

I can play digital Dolby 5.1 and DTS (Logitech z680 and Xonar Essence STX via Coaxial), but not Dolby TrueHD. Trying to figure the right way to rip my movies that have TrueHD so that I can watch them in either of my two digital formats.... but not having much luck since I'm pretty new to this.

If anyone can offer an example or a link to a tutorial it would really be great

Thanks!

Click on the title to turn it blue then click on the audio tab, from the drop menu you can select only the audio stream you want. See below:
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

thanks for the reply but what about for movies that only have Dolby TrueHD? is there a way to convert?

Comment

What profile are you using and what do you get now with those movies?

Albert Einstein

Comment

I was using MKV audiocopy, and it worked great until I got to one movie with TrueHD, and then it didn't seem to rip the audio right (well it might for someone who can play TrueHD) cause it would only play in a um, non-digital format on my receiver.

I just tried a rip using M2TS.AC3 and it looks like it got the digital 5.1 this time so, is it preferred to rip with M2TS then?

Anywhere to see the plusses and minuses to each ripping format? not knowing what I'm doing I just go with what I know and have seen in the past without any real understanding of why.

Comment

That is too subjective to try to answer. Try different things and see what you like best.

Albert Einstein

Comment

MKV.h264.AC3 might be a good one to try, it will make a smaller file if that is a consideration.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for your help I'll get this eventually... and no, space isn't much of consideration at all. More concerned with quality. I just bought DVDFab, makes me think now I'd be better off with Copy, but just wanted the flexibility of the ripper to start.

Comment

On your movies with 5.1 audio on the disc one of the passthrough profiles would be good, it passes the video through unchanged and same quality as the disc.
                  Last edited by 90312; 04-06-2013, 01:34 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

well I thought so too I must be missing something somewhere when I'm setting up the rip

Comment

What device are you playing the file with?

The way I understand it, TrueHD contains a 5.1 core that should pass through if the device does not support TrueHD.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                      X