Hobbitt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hobbitt

Has anyone tried backing this one yet and making a backup copy,I just downloaded the newest release of DVDFab the update to 9028 and when I did Hobbitt it is really pixelated badly,When you try to watch it you see thousands of little squares everywhere what can I do to fix this it looks terrible and its Reg DVD Not Bluray,I don't have blueray.

Slow the burn rate. Set the burn speed to half the media's rated speed and give it a go.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Will try that

Thanks I will try slowing down the burn rate and see what happens Thanks Will let you know.

Comment

Yeah please do. If that's not it you need to post internal and burn logs. But usually blocky play back of a backup disc is caused by burning too fast.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Didn't work to well

I slowed down burning speed and still have choppy picture I paused the movie playback and did a print screen so I can attach it here. My computer burns at 20x speed I slowed it down to 8x and still no luck getting a good copy.
          Attached Files

Comment

burn log

Here is my recent log from today I backed up Red Dawn and had no problem with it and then Hobbitt.

I use Nero usually for burning.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by BeckyW; 04-09-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

The speed of the drive is not at issue, it's the speed rating of the media. If it's 16x then that's about right but you have 8x media you may still be too fast.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have 16x media

I always buy 16 x Verbatim dvds, so would that still be an issue,This is the first time I have ever run into this happening with any of my dvds The original dvd plays perfect no problems then I try to make a back up and I get the pixel squares I usually burn at max speed to and never had a problem until this particular dvd.
                Last edited by BeckyW; 04-10-2013, 12:34 AM.

Comment

No that's what I use too when I burn. I have the combo pack of The Hobbit and if you are doing the full disc to a DVD-5 it compresses to 58% this could be a problem. Just main movie is a little better but still 69%, too much compression in my opinion. If I were to back this one up to a disc I would use a +R DL and not compress it at all.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Got it

Okay this is what I ended up doing I went into my computer and opened up my older version of Fab 8.2.27 and removed the DTS and then did my backup, I got a perfect copy this time so could it be the new update is not functioning properly maybe has some bugs in it or something? I did the full movie and did the compressed 5 instead of 9 and I use DVD+R disks all the time, so anyways if anyone else has an issue maybe try using the older version of fab the 8.2.27 worked perfectly with this particular dvd. Hope if it is the new update 9027 or whatever it was just released that they get the bugs out.
                    Last edited by BeckyW; 04-10-2013, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Odd? My SD-DVD doesn't have DTS audio

Albert Einstein

Comment

How high is the compression rate?
                        Do you have CUDA enabled for decoding and or encoding?

Comment

Working...
                        X