X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Wireless touchpad T650

Hi

I recently installed the Logitech Wireless touchpad for windows 8 T650

Ever since then something is interfering with DVD Fab.

I have the BluRay Ripper on my PC and it has always worked fine. However after installing the Logitech Set point software i can no longer select titles on DVD fab.

If i am ripping a single movie, no problem.

If I am doing a TV Show the software selects the first title and then i try to select the 2nd title dvd fab crashes.

At that point if i uninstall Logitech Setpoint and rescan the disc i am able to select as many titles as i want. I tried this on a few discs now so it not the blu ray drive and it is not the disc's fau;t either. It must a conflict between setpoint and dvd fab.

I am running windows 8 and the latest Version of DVD fab 9.

I dont really want to uninstall Logitech Set point all the time aa i do find it useful.

Any ideas?

Hi michaelm
    I have the Logitech keyboard and mouse MK550 combo with the Logitech set point software installed also.
    I just tried selecting titles on a disc and have no problem selecting as many titles as I want with set point installed.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

michaelm is running Windows 8 so...
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        michaelm is running Windows 8 so...
        I know, but did not want to say anything about running a cell phone OS
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hi guys

thanks for your replies

it is the full blown windows 8 64bit i am running and the drivers are all 64bit. I was under the impression dvdfab 9 is windows 8 compatible.

I am honestly at a loss to explain this.

Full movie no problem

Select TV shows with more than 1 episode per disc and DVD fab starts scaning the title and freezes with the progress bar halfway. Once i uninstall the setpoint software and rescan the disc all is well again.

CBR929 are you running the same touchpad?

The Setpoint software i have is 6.52.

Nothing else changed on my PC other than that software.

it is rather strange

Any help?

Comment

This is very simple, uninstall the Logitech software and try again to see if the problem persists.

The software can always be reinstalled.

Comment

Or uninstall both, clean unistall Fab scrubbing the registry with ccleaner, then install SetPoint first then DVDFab. Maybe they'll coexist better that way.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi michaelm
                I'm assuming you have a laptop, I have a desktop with keyboard and mouse MK550 combo.
                My set point control center version is 6.52.74, and driver version is 5.52.29
                CBR929

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
                  This is very simple, uninstall the Logitech software and try again to see if the problem persists.

The software can always be reinstalled.
                  Tried that, rebooted and the issue is not there anymore. it works fine with a normal mouse. The touchpad works just fine without setpoint but it is missing some features.

Because of this i am convinced it is something to do with setpoint. currently i am just uninstalling and reinstalling as required to make it work.

once the rip has started i can reinstall setpoint during the rip with no effect.

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  Or uninstall both, clean unistall Fab scrubbing the registry with ccleaner, then install SetPoint first then DVDFab. Maybe they'll coexist better that way.
                  Not a bad idea. will give it a go tomorrow (i am in the uk and it is getting quite late here now!

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                  Hi michaelm
                  I'm assuming you have a laptop, I have a desktop with keyboard and mouse MK550 combo.
                  My set point control center version is 6.52.74, and driver version is 5.52.29
                  CBR929
                  No not a laptop but a ZBOX ID82 with 16GB Ram and 128GB Crucial M4SSD. i have the exact same setpoint versions as you installed.

The Mini PC is used a media center in the living room and so far it has been flawless.

Thanks

Michael
                  Last edited by michaelm; 04-18-2013, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelm View Post
                    No not a laptop but a ZBOX ID82 with 16GB Ram and 128GB Crucial M4SSD. i have the exact same setpoint versions as you installed.

The Mini PC is used a media center in the living room and so far it has been flawless.

Thanks

Michael
                    I see!!!

Comment

Today, I got an update to Setpoint 6.52.74 for my T650 touchpad and DVDFab 9.0.4.0 seems to work fine now!

Edit: Spoke too soon. Worked fine for a minute, now back to same old issues.
                      Last edited by Viros; 05-25-2013, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X