Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what was i using before i was using imgburn?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what was i using before i was using imgburn?

When I first started using DVDFab it was awesome! I don't think I changed a thing...it worked free for 30 days like a charm!

At some point I reached a movie that wouldn't burn, and something I did was install imgburn. I hate this program...I have to choose where the break in the layer is? Are you kidding me? (Let me say that I can totally appreciate the technical awesomeness of this program...and I used to be proud to know a lot about these things, but those days are regrettably over...Now I defer to you!)

What was the process I was using before...it worked great! No other product opened up, it saved the .iso file on my hard drive all on its own...
    Then I use Cyberlink DVD Suite (that came installed on my Compaq Laptop). I am a registered user. I have the latest version installed.

I burn an image to my hard drive and then burn the image to disc. This seems like it has been the easiest way to do it, as I have never been very successful at on the fly burning. I am using top grade DL discs.

I get a disc that will play for a certain amount of time, then freeze up...I am not sure if I am using the imgburn properly (obviously not!) although I always use a "YES" under the seamless play option (usually there are numerous options and they all promise seamless play!?!?)

Any assistance greatly appreciated. If you're like me, and have kids, its well worth the time to give them a throw away copy that I won't lose my mind over, right? (You have to pick your battles!)

Jason

Try using the VSO burn engine as that is the one where you not have to select the layer break but you need to be using the paid version if your 30 day free trial is over to be able to use the internal burn engine

Comment

I am a registered user. Remember, I don't want to burn through DVDFab, only create a disc image using its internal abilities. How can
      I turn this back on?

Thanks!

Jason

Comment

You have a choice to use Nero Burn engine or ImgBurn burn engine to make the iso file. Give either one a try to see what one was what you liked. Other than that I can not help you more as that how DVDFab works now

Comment

Originally posted by jayray2k View Post
          I am a registered user. Remember, I don't want to burn through DVDFab, only create a disc image using its internal abilities. How can
          I turn this back on?

Thanks!

Jason
          Just select iso as the output (the disc icon beside the target line).
          To use the included VSO burn engine open common settings/write and select from the dropdown VSO.

Comment

Thanks for all the help, sorry for not getting back sooner....Christmas, you know?

I have switched back to the VSO engine, but no success on my first two burns: Disney Igor and The Ugly Truth.

Any suggestions? I used the free version trouble free for 30 days, then I pay and I get this?

Comment

Originally posted by jayray2k View Post
              Thanks for all the help, sorry for not getting back sooner....Christmas, you know?

I have switched back to the VSO engine, but no success on my first two burns: Disney Igor and The Ugly Truth.

Any suggestions? I used the free version trouble free for 30 days, then I pay and I get this?
              Posting some info would be a good start. Read the Help Us Help You link in my sig.

Comment

Working...
              X