Hybrid SACD Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hybrid SACD Backup

Can I backup SACD Hybrid discs with DVDFAB?

If so what media should I use, DVD?

Trevor

It's not possible to back-up the SACD layer of a 'store-bought' SACD disc. Indeed, it never will be possible...
    I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
    I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

Originally posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
      It's not possible to back-up the SACD layer of a 'store-bought' SACD disc. Indeed, it never will be possible...
      This is not true. It may be impossible to backup SACD with FAB, but it is possible. It is not easy, but definitely can be done. Most people who do it use a PS3 first generation as their SACD ripper. They rip with PS3 directly to the on-board hard drive. Apparently, Sony forgot to put in the SACD copy guard in the early PS3s. If the firmware has been updated on the PS3, it will not work. You can read here where a generous guy is offering to rip your SACDs to a hard drive (ISO File) free of charge. It's a relatively old thread (started about 1 year ago), so I'm not sure if he's still offering his services. The last post was a couple months ago. He has done hundreds of them.

Comment

Working...
      X