Problem with 9038

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with 9038

I insert blu ray disc, choose "Ripper". Under "Profile" pick mkv.passthrough. Save To: B:/Movies. All files come up. Everything looks normal to this point. I click "Start" and a popup states "Detecting Writable Media in drive E:" and then "Media in E: is not writable. Please insert blank media to start write process."

I am not trying to write to a blank but rip to my hard drive like I have done hundreds of time before. It behaves like it is in "Copy" mode, but it is in "Ripper" mode. In "Copy" mode, there is no option to choose the "Profile", which I always use mkv.passthrough. What's the problem here?

Thanks in advance.

This quote from Signals explains it somewhat:
    Originally posted by signals View Post
    The output target remains blank until a disc is inserted in Copy and Creator modes, for Ripper and Convert it seems to remember the default target setting. This is with 9038. Some of the Settings code was redone I think in 9037 or just before, the goal being to eventually alllow storing your settings on the server for quick restoration in the event of disasters.
    Also, the following thread in which the quote is from should provide more information.
    DVDFab 9.0.3.8

The problem here is you need to get into the habit of checking your settings when ever you upgrade DVDFab, whether it be a Beta or a Release Version.

But seeing as you are trying to do BlueRay, the Specific Settings you are looking for will be found here.

Click on the Gear in the upper right corner of DVDFab, then across the top of the setting Dialog window,
    select the Blue-ray Menu Tab and on the Left side select the Blue-ray Copy Menu Tab.

The Second item down will be the Default output type which is the setting you will need to change.

幸運

Comment

Working...
    X